Russia

Sentience

On 2/28/2023 at 11:01 PM, The Phantom said:

Looks like Bahkmut is about to fall. Almost surrounded and supply lines very close to being cut.

They have been ordered to hold on.

It doesn't have much strategic value except to deny Putin a victory.

However if I wanted to focus attention, supplies, reinforcements etc away from the arrival of my advanced NATO tanks I would tell them to hold on as well...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

They have been ordered to hold on.

It doesn't have much strategic value except to deny Putin a victory.

However if I wanted to focus attention, supplies, reinforcements etc away from the arrival of my advanced NATO tanks I would tell them to hold on as well...

Indeed, I posted that a week ago and am happy to be proved wrong.  Since then Ukraine have been reinforcing with significant numbers of experienced troops.  Enough to stop the Orcs closing the loop or getting any closer to the main road supply route to the south.  If you look at the maps and believe the reports from Wagner regarding ammo shortages, they are potentially quite exposed themselves from the north if Ukraine counter attacks. 

Smells a little like the Battle of the Bulge. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Indeed, I posted that a week ago and am happy to be proved wrong.  Since then Ukraine have been reinforcing with significant numbers of experienced troops.  Enough to stop the Orcs closing the loop or getting any closer to the main road supply route to the south.  If you look at the maps and believe the reports from Wagner regarding ammo shortages, they are potentially quite exposed themselves from the north if Ukraine counter attacks. 

Smells a little like the Battle of the Bulge. 

Everybody loves a good Russian defeat story...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, P.K. said:

Ukrainian tankies have completed their training on Challenger at Bovington and will be heading back.

I hope Wagner et al are bricking it...

I've been waiting so long for this counterattack! 

• Like 1

I keep hoping there's an end to it but listening to the experts (not the ones on here) they say it could rumble on for years.

I'm amazed Wagner hasn't taken Putin out to be honest. We'd all like him to be gone, but would we want Wagner running the show? *Shudder*.

I hope everything is done to make sure that happens but so little is happening to achieve it.  This seems to be going down the line of one side trying to destroy the other and that's not something will happen soon and it's incredibly dangerous.

If it goes on for years and the Ukraine somehow gets the Crimes and Donbas then what would already be a pyrrhic victory for Europe if it finishes tomorrow would be a disaster for the world and the Ukraine.  The Donbas and Crimea aren't worth the mounting casualties and deaths, the overturning of progress on climate change, a Russian that moves closer to China, the changed scope of the America military club (NATO), a weakening of European economic power and a return to dependence on the US. And then the winners will certainly be the energy and defence companies.  

Earlier I would have supported Ukraine yet believed that negotiations needed to happen as soon as possible to end the war.  Now I'm not bothered who is defeated, as long as the war is over as soon as possible.  

11 hours ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

I hope everything is done to make sure that happens but so little is happening to achieve it.  This seems to be going down the line of one side trying to destroy the other and that's not something will happen soon and it's incredibly dangerous.

If it goes on for years and the Ukraine somehow gets the Crimes and Donbas then what would already be a pyrrhic victory for Europe if it finishes tomorrow would be a disaster for the world and the Ukraine.  The Donbas and Crimea aren't worth the mounting casualties and deaths, the overturning of progress on climate change, a Russian that moves closer to China, the changed scope of the America military club (NATO), a weakening of European economic power and a return to dependence on the US. And then the winners will certainly be the energy and defence companies.  

Earlier I would have supported Ukraine yet believed that negotiations needed to happen as soon as possible to end the war.  Now I'm not bothered who is defeated, as long as the war is over as soon as possible.  

Really??

12 hours ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

The Donbas and Crimea aren't worth the mounting casualties and deaths,

Russian deaths for the last few weeks running at 200 000 and all for moving forward two metres. 

Reports yesterday that soldiers are being blocked from retreating from situations where they know death is certain. They’re being blocked by their own officers. 

Hellish stuff. 

18 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I keep hoping there's an end to it but listening to the experts (not the ones on here) they say it could rumble on for years.

I'm amazed Wagner hasn't taken Putin out to be honest. We'd all like him to be gone, but would we want Wagner running the show? *Shudder*.

Watched a video of the graveyard where Wagner's troops are buried. It's massive and they have only recovered a fraction.

Russian losses are appalling, reports of mutiny by officers and men.