Russia

Sentience

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Well, safe as houses there then...

All we’ve seen is him throw the towel in and pull a get out of jail free card. He’s proved he could easily take Moscow and he’s proved he is the only true reporter of what’s going on. He’s now got immunity and passed the war 100% on to Putin and his Generals. His troops will probably now mutiny when asked to join the Russian army who are now in a complete quagmire they have no way out of without Wagner support. And a lot of average Russian citizens have seen who really controls the battle narrative. It’s an almost bloodless coup (ignoring the 8-10 Russian planes and helicopters they apparently downed en route to Moscow). And now Belarus has a feared armed force ring-fencing it and it’s cast off Russian nuclear arsenal from Putin. 

20 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Its about time someone in that country went on the rampage. Shame its a full on psycho, but hey ho. I hope he takes his men all the way.

Well seeing he's multiple times the nutcase Putin is, it's probably a good thing he didn't.

• 3 weeks later...

From Pravda..

Interesting development?

Stanislav Rzhytsky, deputy head of the department for mobilisation, was shot dead in the city of Krasnodar, Russia. According to media reports, he was involved in missile attacks on Ukraine.

Source: Russian RBC referring to a comment from the administration of Krasnodar; anonymous Telegram channels

Details: Anonymous pro-Russian Telegram channels have reported that 42-year-old Stanislav Rzhytsky went for a run at eight o'clock in the morning. He was ambushed near the Olimp sports complex by an unknown person who shot Rzhytsky four times in the back and chest and then fled the scene. The victim died on the spot from his injuries.

The Krasnodar administration confirmed to RBC the death of Stanislav Rzhytsky, deputy head of the department for mobilisation, saying that law enforcement agencies are investigating his death.

43 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

From Pravda..

Interesting development?

Stanislav Rzhytsky, deputy head of the department for mobilisation, was shot dead in the city of Krasnodar, Russia. According to media reports, he was involved in missile attacks on Ukraine.

Source: Russian RBC referring to a comment from the administration of Krasnodar; anonymous Telegram channels

Details: Anonymous pro-Russian Telegram channels have reported that 42-year-old Stanislav Rzhytsky went for a run at eight o'clock in the morning. He was ambushed near the Olimp sports complex by an unknown person who shot Rzhytsky four times in the back and chest and then fled the scene. The victim died on the spot from his injuries.

The Krasnodar administration confirmed to RBC the death of Stanislav Rzhytsky, deputy head of the department for mobilisation, saying that law enforcement agencies are investigating his death.

It's a start I suppose...

Rzhytsky being the deputy head of mobilisation makes me wonder if it was a young Russian man who doesn't want to go to Ukraine to be used as cannon fodder. If that's the case, I can't say I'd blame him. Equally, it could easily be a friend, partner or family member who has lost a loved one to mobilisation. Can't say I'd blame them either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zarley said:

Rzhytsky being the deputy head of mobilisation makes me wonder if it was a young Russian man who doesn't want to go to Ukraine to be used as cannon fodder. If that's the case, I can't say I'd blame him. Equally, it could easily be a friend, partner or family member who has lost a loved one to mobilisation. Can't say I'd blame them either. 

Or it could be under Putin’s orders. 

I’d probably blame him.