Russia

Sentience

14 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

ISIS have apparently taken over a prison in Russia.

It never rains but it pours! 

Oh it's all over now.  SF raided and liquidated them.

That's a shame. 

5 hours ago, woolley said:

Nothing that has happened recently changes the bigger picture. Except, perhaps, to make Putin's narrative of Russia being under attack easier to sell to his people.

I would say it potentially weakens his standing.  Unless Russian forces repel the attack quickly.   So far they haven't done so and that will be embarrassing to Putin.

Don't forget this was meant to be a "Special Military Operation" on Ukrainian soil that would last days.

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

I would say it potentially weakens his standing.  Unless Russian forces repel the attack quickly.   So far they haven't done so and that will be embarrassing to Putin.

Don't forget this was meant to be a "Special Military Operation" on Ukrainian soil that would last days.

This presupposes that Putin actually cares about what the muzhiks think. Which IMHO he doesn't...

As I have explained before during the Cold War the plan was to block the Russian advance in pre-arranged killing grounds. The bottlenecks would then fill with Russian men and material making the perfect tactical nuclear target.

As we saw in the initial stages of the Russian invasion of Ukraine blockages caused massive jams of Russian men and material. The perfect target for Himars, smart artillery and F16s. Dropping bridges around the Ukrainian incursion channels the Russian response.

They could be setting a very clever and lethal trap...

36 minutes ago, P.K. said:

This presupposes that Putin actually cares about what the muzhiks think. Which IMHO he doesn't...

As I have explained before during the Cold War the plan was to block the Russian advance in pre-arranged killing grounds. The bottlenecks would then fill with Russian men and material making the perfect tactical nuclear target.

As we saw in the initial stages of the Russian invasion of Ukraine blockages caused massive jams of Russian men and material. The perfect target for Himars, smart artillery and F16s. Dropping bridges around the Ukrainian incursion channels the Russian response.

They could be setting a very clever and lethal trap...

Could have, should have eh

Telegram’s co-founder / CEO Pavel Durov was arrested in France over the weekend amid allegations that Telegram failed to moderate illegal content on its platform (including drug trafficking, child exploitation, and fraud).

Durov is Russian but not a fan of Putin.  He eventually took down a page for Navaly after demands (and likely threats) from the FSB.  He has since moved to Dubai.   But like Musk and Twitter/X, Durov is a big proponent of free speech (irrespective of truth). 

Telegram has become the de-facto telecoms of the Russian army which makes you wonder if this has a political/anti Russian angle. 

20 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Telegram’s co-founder / CEO Pavel Durov was arrested in France over the weekend amid allegations that Telegram failed to moderate illegal content on its platform (including drug trafficking, child exploitation, and fraud).

Durov is Russian but not a fan of Putin.  He eventually took down a page for Navaly after demands (and likely threats) from the FSB.  He has since moved to Dubai.   But like Musk and Twitter/X, Durov is a big proponent of free speech (irrespective of truth). 

Telegram has become the de-facto telecoms of the Russian army which makes you wonder if this has a political/anti Russian angle. 

Apparently he has 100+ kids...donor.

3 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Apparently he has 100+ kids...donor.

Also like Musk, he's doing his best to mitigate the declining birth rate. 

I might try that altruistic excuse with my wife. 

• Haha 1