Villa Marina walkway

Passing Time

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

This has been discussed before and I am sure the applicant stated there would be a passageway to allow people to pass through without stepping out as someone mentioned inclement weather.   I do hope they include a toilet in the plan because when the Italian job was operating you had to use the public ones at the top of the arcade.    We used to love going to that restaurant always a good meal and the children used to play in the Villa Gardens.   I don’t now why it closed it was always busy when we went.

Would this do?

download (34).jpeg

6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

This has been discussed before and I am sure the applicant stated there would be a passageway to allow people to pass through without stepping out as someone mentioned inclement weather.   I do hope they include a toilet in the plan because when the Italian job was operating you had to use the public ones at the top of the arcade.    We used to love going to that restaurant always a good meal and the children used to play in the Villa Gardens.   I don’t now why it closed it was always busy when we went.

Here's the latest revised floor plans (may download) as submitted 8 February.   There will be push/pull doors at either end, but of course those will be difficult to operate if people are disabled or weighed down with shopping/children/dogs/pushchairs.  There's also portable heaters shown in the middle of the passageway, which might be difficult to manoeuvre around.  But there are toilets.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

It's not just stepping aside though is it. Try reading the planning application again and come back with a sensible response

The existing cafe has been used as a precedent. It's not easy navigating through that at times, but putting doors either end is sending out a clear message,

It's a Colonnade walkway - hands off our walkway!

1171773821_Colonnadedoors.thumb.jpg.2038eda0f81e1e3fae5802cd24ee5156.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

There's also portable heaters shown in the middle of the passageway, which might be difficult to manoeuvre around.

They will be patio heaters type of thing - a few years ago there was much in the press about them, with comments such as "environmental obscenities".

Gas powered central heating is off the menu for domestic use, but gas powered restaurant heating is ok. So if people register their house/flat as a restaurant they can keep the gas boiler... maybe.

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Here's the latest revised floor plans (may download) as submitted 8 February.   There will be push/pull doors at either end, but of course those will be difficult to operate if people are disabled or weighed down with shopping/children/dogs/pushchairs.  There's also portable heaters shown in the middle of the passageway, which might be difficult to manoeuvre around.  But there are toilets.

They are also applying for an alcohol licence for that area which means under 18's cannot just walk through

49 minutes ago, snowman said:

This had better get passed.

But knowing a lot of idiots on MF it might not.

Some people would clearly rather live in a living museum, shithole of a place, which is crying out for investment. Moan about the state of Douglas. Then also moan about investment

The only idiot is you from what I can see. If Jaks or whoever it is wants to have a restaurant/bar then good on them but why should the rest of us lose a covered walkway?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

The only idiot is you from what I can see. If Jaks or whoever it is wants to have a restaurant/bar then good on them but why should the rest of us lose a covered walkway?

The walkway is still there. Nobody's losing anything. It's only about 10 yards of piss-and-vomit-stained collonade that'll be used, and of all the million things to complain about in this post-pandemic, brink of war world, is this the best you've got ?