Villa Marina walkway

Passing Time

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

The only idiot is you from what I can see. If Jaks or whoever it is wants to have a restaurant/bar then good on them but why should the rest of us lose a covered walkway?

Oh for god sake, for the amount of walkway who is really bothered apart from a few frothy mouthed nimbys who hate progress and seeing people succeed and provide amenities for others to enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, speaking as a 'frothy mouthed nimby' I certainly would like to see my 'Right of Way' preserved, lest it be curtailed in other areas because of a precedent set by a CAFE.

Nothing wrong with the idea of a Family Restaurant, the success of Barbary Coast and the Pizza place on N Quay show there is a market for such.

This could be achieved by combining the Cafe with the Italian Job premises and leave the Colonnade walk way free for all to use without  intimidating those who wish to walk through this traditional through fare.

I would like to see the replacing of the Art Gallery, especially in this 'Cultural Sector'.!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They could use the roof of the Colonnade for Al Fresco Dining, got to have 9 month season? From up there diners would, at least, have a view over Douglas' Monte Carlo type Bay? From the ground floor, they'll only see the traffic passing by!!!

If this comes to pass, I'll walk through and pinch peoples Chicken Wings!!!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

I really don't see your argument. To get there you'll have to walk in the open, to then walk through 50 yards of covered walkway, to then have to walk in the open again. You have a pavement several feet wide literally next to it. Get over yourself.

I hadn't realised just how blinkered you are until I read your last two mealy mouthed postings.

This should be rejected. Shops in town cant even put an A-board out yet these clowns are trying to take over the entire walkway? How does this work for the visually impaired? Will people with dogs be able to walk through? I am going to object to this one, I walk there every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, AOR said:

The existing cafe has been used as a precedent. It's not easy navigating through that at times, but putting doors either end is sending out a clear message,

It's a Colonnade walkway - hands off our walkway!

1171773821_Colonnadedoors.thumb.jpg.2038eda0f81e1e3fae5802cd24ee5156.jpg

Great wind tunnel, will be amusing when both doors open by public

what a farce, those doors will be locked and effectively banning children and disabled. 
any planners or politicians that let this through will be binned. 
this isn’t forward thinking, this is land grabbing from the public.
remove the doors and have outside tables, no one wants to sit in a greenhouse. 
Old crescent property in need of this venture with sea views on first floor and plenty of parking  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

Great wind tunnel, will be amusing when both doors open by public

what a farce, those doors will be locked and effectively banning children and disabled. 
any planners or politicians that let this through will be binned. 
this isn’t forward thinking, this is land grabbing from the public.
remove the doors and have outside tables, no one wants to sit in a greenhouse. 
Old crescent property in need of this venture with sea views on first floor and plenty of parking  

Realy?

FFS it's a short stretch of covered walkway.

You have to go outside the moment you get to the Gaiety in any case, so going outside about 20 m earlier is hardly the end of the world, especially as it means private investment in a business and jobs for residents.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Realy?

FFS it's a short stretch of covered walkway.

You have to go outside the moment you get to the Gaiety in any case, so going outside about 20 m earlier is hardly the end of the world, especially as it means private investment in a business and jobs for residents.

If  is not a big deal then why are you defending the removal?  If it’s not a big deal utilising it, then the bar doesn’t need it and won’t miss the potential of the  no ‘big Deal’.   FFS the patrons can sit in unenclosed walkway. 
Right Back at ya yessir 

Edited by buncha wankas
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...