DBC Megathread

Max Power

7 minutes ago, Omobono said:

give up time freely they get an attendance allowance , !

We do indeed, £12.50 for daytime and £7.50 for evenings. I've phoned Kirstie Allsopp and she said together with my cancelled Netflix subscription that's enough to buy a four bedroom house in London now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Who brought the proposal to you ?? Central government or ?? 

This has been around for a while I think, certainly before I joined the committee. Usually the way this works is that someone suggests it - a councillor who is told about it by constituents for example - and it is then made an item for future report. This means that town hall officers will look into it and prepare a report which is then discussed in the committee, voted on there, and if successful brought into council chambers for further vote and discussion. I'd have to check when and how this particular subject first came up. 

1 hour ago, joebean said:

The Regeneration Committee has been very successful. They have turned a Shit Hole into a Shit Hole with paving and some statues.  Congratulations all round. 

New guard sound just as daft as the old guard, either way the officers steer the sh** Ship, they are just yes people who get voted in (or not) to sit a feel useful. 

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

This has been around for a while I think, certainly before I joined the committee. Usually the way this works is that someone suggests it - a councillor who is told about it by constituents for example - and it is then made an item for future report. This means that town hall officers will look into it and prepare a report which is then discussed in the committee, voted on there, and if successful brought into council chambers for further vote and discussion. I'd have to check when and how this particular subject first came up. 

So in effect what your saying is you rejected your own proposal ?? As in DC officers came up with a report etc. Be interesting to hear on what grounds it was turned down . Effort and risk mmmmm

Edited by Numbnuts

Just now, Numbnuts said:

So in effect what your saying is you rejected your own proposal ?? As in DC officers came up with a report etc. 

Like I said, I'd have to check how and when this first emerged. Apparently it's been an idea and discussion point for ages. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

The proposal brought to us wasn't strong enough. A whole lot of effort and risk for very little financial reward. The subject might reappear in different form and with a stronger business case. 

It doesn't really take much effort, sell a permit, say £200 for the winter period, allocate a space, someone walks round once a week and checks permits valid, hey ho, 50 x 200 = £10,000 per annum. Parking problems around the town solved, a good use of the space, reasonably secure spot for owners.

• Like 2