DBC Megathread

Max Power

15 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I believe it was coin operated before and the charge is in place to prevent vandalism, but I will raise this internally.

Its never been  a pay toilet ! and while your at it do a proper cost benefit analysis  of the amount you pay to the contractors SCS   for looking after the pay to use toilets on the promenade  ,if you employed one person  in house  to keep all the corporation toilets clean and replace paper etc ,and didn't make a charge ,  I bet it would be a much cheaper option ,  you should have plenty of staff to choose from  when the refuse collection is reduced to fortnightly and the operatives are standing around for a week waiting for the next collection , I don't see anywhere in the corporation accounts, the  cost of operating public toilets  ,  and income  received  from public toilets 

19 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

They may not have been illegal when they were trialled.  I think you can bring such vehicles over as a visitor, it's just that they can't be registered here.

Which leaves us with quite a conundrum then, seeing as at least one of them was, and still is, registered here.

https://services.gov.im/vehicles-driving/vehicle-search/results?RegMarkNo=pmn300n

image.png

van.jpg

That image is from today. Note to media: I took this image, own its copyright, and do not authorize its use by anyone or anywhere else. Doing so anyway means you're ok with me sending you a £250 bill (money going to charity) and a takedown notice. Cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Which leaves us with quite a conundrum then, seeing as at least one of them was, and still is, registered here.

https://services.gov.im/vehicles-driving/vehicle-search/results?RegMarkNo=pmn300n

Well, well, well.  So who told who at DBC that they couldn't be registered then?  And if they can't, how did this happen?

The more you pull, the more it unravels. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

image.png

van.jpg

That image is from today. Note to media: I took this image, own its copyright, and do not authorize its use by anyone or anywhere else. Doing so anyway means you're ok with me sending you a £250 bill (money going to charity) and a takedown notice. Cheers. 

The local media are not lifting your pics are they by any chance? 🙂

4 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

The local media are not lifting your pics are they by any chance? 🙂

Shirley this depends on the T&C of this BBS, the T&C aren't easy to find.

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well, well, well.  So who told who at DBC that they couldn't be registered then?  And if they can't, how did this happen?

The more you pull, the more it unravels. 

It will of happened because local CS think they know more than the rule book (If there is one) and deploy laws and rules as they seem fit.

Dealing with any IOM  CS means a long slow trip to the bottom of the intelligence pile and you will not get a straight answer until you produce the "Get out Of Jail Card" that is "I Will call my MHK" This is the only way to sort a lot of CS interference and misunderstanding of the rules and regs.

I really don't like this as the MHKs should be doing "higher" things but next time I let my front garden hedge get too far over the pavement I will call Stu Peters and tell him its only overgrown because I drive a Carlos Fandango Castanet Turbo and I am sure he will make the local authority, CS go away...............................

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

That image is from today. Note to media: I took this image, own its copyright, and do not authorize its use by anyone or anywhere else

The phone number on the number plate is that of Auto Solutions, a company that was mentioned in a previous post.

By the way Mr Mozart, it would be jolly decent of you if you would leave the photo exif data intact, especially if you have  GPS enabled camera. Thanks.

• Haha 1

PMN 300 N. Hmmmmm. Are they waiting for an offer on the plate? Worth afew quid.

How many other special Reg No. do the Corp have? How much did they cost?

If they have any KMN **, let me know!

We should thank Amadeus for new source of info re the DCorp. Danke!

No info yet on the replacement of rubbish trucks and new re-cycle centre? How one is caused by the other?

• Like 1