DBC Megathread

Max Power

You may mean that, others may see him as breath of fresh air into local politics.

It doesn't matter whether your politics are left or right, that fresh air should be welcomed, it really is time for a change in political attitude in local and national politics?

Unless you want DC back?????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kopek said:

He is a left wing agitator. Would you prefer farmers and builders in politics?

He wouldn't have made up his comment on solar panels on the new corpy flats, was he misled by DCorp or are DoI defending their position?

Anyone know for sure???

There are some normal people with left of centre views. I would say he is more than left of centre, and sets out to provoke, instead of working, or compromising. Was he actually involved in the design of the flats? If he was or sat on housing committee then maybe he would know, or is his comments scattergun, and hoping for political opportunism?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I doubt it. A good person would apologise and hold his hands up and say I got it wrong. 

Like the DOI does whenever they get a project wrong? oh wait... 

I like Devon. He’s young, energetic, and indeed part of the breath of fresh air currently flowing through town hall. Channel that energy right and you have a fine politician. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Like the DOI does whenever they get a project wrong? oh wait... 

I like Devon. He’s young, energetic, and indeed part of the breath of fresh air currently flowing through town hall. Channel that energy right and you have a fine politician. 

I've nothing against him personally but he does tend to go off on one without considering whether the opposing view has any validity. I think that this is an example of that, putting two and two together and making five!

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I've nothing against him personally but he does tend to go off on one without considering whether the opposing view has any validity. I think that this is an example of that, putting two and two together and making five!

He did the same bellyaching about all the greedy landlords ,  and now it seems there is a housing crisis looming with an apparent shortage of public and private sector accommodation  ,many decent landlords  have decided to  call it a day . don't want the hassle  from Government and every other tin pot agency under the sun  telling them who they must rent their property  to . and gobby councillors  demanding more rights given to totally  unsuitable tenants , who don't pay, ,destroy  the  the property  commit criminal activities   , the do a runner or go to jail,  leaving a right mess for the owner to sort out , 

but he needs to be called out regarding his thus far   unsubstantiated claims that DOI  pulled the rug on fitting solar panels to the new  Peel road apartments ,Time for someone to ask a question in Tynwald ? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Omobono said:

He did the same bellyaching about all the greedy landlords ,  and now it seems there is a housing crisis looming with an apparent shortage of public and private sector accommodation  ,many decent landlords  have decided to  call it a day . don't want the hassle  from Government and every other tin pot agency under the sun  telling them who they must rent their property  to . and gobby councillors  demanding more rights given to totally  unsuitable tenants , who don't pay, ,destroy  the  the property  commit criminal activities   , the do a runner or go to jail,  leaving a right mess for the owner to sort out , 

but he needs to be called out regarding his thus far   unsubstantiated claims that DOI  pulled the rug on fitting solar panels to the new  Peel road apartments ,Time for someone to ask a question in Tynwald ? 

The more appropriate question is why they weren't automatically included in the design (if DOI are right) and that planning should require as part of any application some elements of renewable energy generation or an explanation as to why not.  I would have thought building them into construction would be an insignificant cost in the overall build. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

question is who sat down with Dandara and agreed the design brief , for Peel road apartments and what else didn't the council think they had signed up to ,  lets start to unravel the great mystery  some of us are thinking was a deal for the old Lord St flats included ? who knows  too many deals seem to be done without public debate  both at Council and Government level , after all its our money they are spending and in some cases putting a huge financial burden  around our necks for generations  to come  ,

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The more appropriate question is why they weren't automatically included in the design (if DOI are right) and that planning should require as part of any application some elements of renewable energy generation or an explanation as to why not.  I would have thought building them into construction would be an insignificant cost in the overall build. 

More likely a cozy gas profiteering racket to maintain.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 2112 said:

He doesn’t come across well, like a left wing agitator. Out to cause trouble if he can’t get his own way. 

Doubling down when caught out is a sure sign of arrogance. I thought the plans were approved before he was a councillor? 

The comments on the Mannin line that Andrew langan fella was an agent of the 'great reset' were quite amusing.  Until he actually said he agrees with the policies behind it.  I thought the great reset was tinfoil hat stuff

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Braddan Commissioners new development in Snugborough is all singing and all dancing, and supposedly eco friendly. Do the DBC and Commissioners not meet to swap ideas or best practice, or even still aren’t some of the MLC Douglas Corporation Councillors are somewhat eco loons and very much into green matters, so no doubt will be friends with other like minded commissioners. 

2 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Will Braddan Commissioner's massive and pointless monstrous edifice at the Strang be at least partly solar powered?

Currently ego-powered, some say...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1