DBC Megathread

Max Power

10 hours ago, Bandits said:

It looks like Mr Watson is retiring from Twitter temporarily having been found out. 

If with “found out” you mean receiving death threats then you’re right. 

5 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

What are the allegations?

He posted an anonymous email (or series of emails) he'd received which stated he shouldn't be advocating for Syrian refugees to come here (Ukrainian ones are ok apparently as 'they're just like us') but also contained a google street view shot of his house telling him they knew where he lived. Absolute scum.

People seem to be keen to dismiss his claims for some reason as he doesn't want to report it to the police. I absolutely believe he should.

6 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

He posted an anonymous email (or series of emails) he'd received which stated he shouldn't be advocating for Syrian refugees to come here (Ukrainian ones are ok apparently as 'they're just like us') but also contained a google street view shot of his house telling him they knew where he lived. Absolute scum.

People seem to be keen to dismiss his claims for some reason as he doesn't want to report it to the police. I absolutely believe he should.

It’s his decision if he wants to take it further or not. There is a process in town hall if he wanted to. I certainly would. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

It’s his decision if he wants to take it further or not. There is a process in town hall if he wanted to. I certainly would. 

So would I in fairness.

He shouldn't HAVE to just to stop people speculating although, in fairness reading his comments, he seems to believe it would be a waste of police time. 

It's a serious threat and I would treat it as so.

I would doubt Watson will take his claims to the police as they are wholly fictitious and upon investigation by the police will probably be found to be fictitious thereby getting him in even more trouble. His main problem with social media would seem to be that other people on social media have opinions that don’t align with his highly opinionated social media presence. 

6 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I would doubt Watson will take his claims to the police as they are wholly fictitious and upon investigation by the police will probably be found to be fictitious thereby getting him in even more trouble. His main problem with social media would seem to be that other people on social media have opinions that don’t align with his highly opinionated social media presence. 

You know they're fictitious or you're assuming they are?

Just now, jackwhite said:

You know they're fictitious or you're assuming they are?

Everything the man says is fictitious. The minutes of the meeting that alleged that the DOI turned them down for solar on the Peel Road site will never materialize either. As he made the situation up. Sadly the man is a Walter Mitty character who seems to have a lot of toxic people around him. I would actively encourage him to go to the police. He will not go to the police. 

Just now, Bandits said:

Everything the man says is fictitious. The minutes of the meeting that alleged that the DOI turned them down for solar on the Peel Road site will never materialize either. As he made the situation up. Sadly the man is a Walter Mitty character who seems to have a lot of toxic people around him. I would actively encourage him to go to the police. He will not go to the police. 

Are you hoping that's the case? Maybe a search of your hard drive is in order.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Horrendous. If that's happened then it should be one for the police

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bandits said:

This is a pretty harsh take. 

He does seem to back the popular thing, whether that's for attention or future political aspirations remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, cissolt said:

whether that's for attention or future political aspirations remains to be seen.

This is what annoys a good chunk of Douglas ratepayers. He is clearly only in that role to create a platform for himself to stand as an MHK. He has no interest in the people of Douglas outside of using them as a platform to get attention as a politician. He creates a load of issues that exist only in his head in order to distract from the fact that he is a completely ineffectual Councillor who spends all his time raging on Twitter about various Woke issues rather than doing anything for the people of Douglas who he is paid to represent.