DBC Megathread

Max Power

just looking at the feeble excuse for introducing a charge to use the public toilets in Nobles park  and councillor Andrew Bentley's pathetic excuse on Manx radio , he says its mostly down to vandalism , but not prepared to monitor the entrance to the toilets with a CCTV camera , No stick a 20p charge  right across the  board and seemingly include all the other council run  public conveniences , As a Douglas ratepayer  I think its an absolute disgrace  that public toilets and baby changing facilities  have now become a cash cow ,for the corporation , 

whatever happened to providing rate funded public health  and toilet facilities for the town and its visitors , the town is scruffy, dirty , and soon because of this decision  some people will be relieving themselves in all sorts of places ,  and young children , particularly in the play areas on the promenade  and the parks  requiring money from their parents to go to the toilet , 

13 hours ago, Bandits said:

Todays lunchtime show was even worse. Andrew Bentley and Micheal Josem talking about cones and the general failings of government. This Josem clip really needs to be made into a sad Gif that can be reproduced every time government failings are discussed. 

6fy5hr.gif

Why the fuck is he wearing a name badge

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Douglas Town Council is a laughing stock, the worst council in years and now the toilet debacle.    The chap that was on today explained that the TT people would not have to pay, so that is alright 🥵 but after the festival is over the public will have to find 20p every time they need to relieve themselves, people have not got pockets full of change anymore.   However if the splash thing is operating the toilets are free….how is that going to work 🙄  you could not make it up.

I went to Shaws Brow car park toilet yesterday armed with 20 pence coins but only had to push the door and it opened, so got a freebie.

To be honest I don’t begrudge 20pence, ( have you seen the price of toilet paper lately?) and if it goes towards a more pleasant lavatorial experience I’m all for it

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I went to Shaws Brow car park toilet yesterday armed with 20 pence coins but only had to push the door and it opened, so got a freebie.

To be honest I don’t begrudge 20pence, ( have you seen the price of toilet paper lately?) and if it goes towards a more pleasant lavatorial experience I’m all for it

Is it the same girl still working the toilets then ?? Some mileage on her !! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

More staff for the Corporate Plan?

Screenshot_20220602-141942_Facebook.jpg

with this job description  it looks like it will be 40p to have a pee in Douglas   I bet the salary is over £50k  and only the assistant ! , still he will be needed when the weekly bin collection stops and all the bin bags   start appearing in the back lanes  ,and rubbish starts to get dumped everywhere , but never mind  we will have a separate bin for green waste ,even if you have no where to keep it , or only  have a postage stamp of a garden 

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

I bet the salary is over £50k  and only the assistant ! , still he will be needed when the weekly bin collection stops and all the bin bags   start appearing in the back lanes  ,and rubbish starts to get dumped everywhere , but never mind  we will have a separate bin for green waste ,even if you have no where to keep it , or only  have a postage stamp of a garden 

According to the Courier:

image.png.3d88c99304e038ee7512b23e3f5160e8.png

£62,881- £71,345 according to the Courier.  Obviously you can't expect the actual Chief Officer (Environmental) of one of the world's great megacities like Douglas to do anything - they're far too important for that.

• Like 1