DBC Megathread

Max Power

26 minutes ago, finlo said:

Just like big government all income streams are now diverted to great swathes of over inflated salary's leaving little or nothing for actual public services!

Sadly this is correct. They need to get a grip of this imbalance very soon at governement and DBC level . People are getting restless with the inflation levels currently and not seeing any signs of  attempts to adjust salarys .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Screenshot_20220624-201449_Facebook.jpg

Almost everyone on Douglas Council is a total cunt. A fair few of them didn’t even get a public mandate to get into public office. Assistant Chief Officer of Democratic Services is just a circle jerk title for £60K a year non-job. I wonder what talentless unqualified dickhead will be bestowed with the ultimate role in local government governance? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrGarrison said:

Almost everyone on Douglas Council is a total cunt. A fair few of them didn’t even get a public mandate to get into public office. Assistant Chief Officer of Democratic Services is just a circle jerk title for £60K a year non-job. I wonder what talentless unqualified dickhead will be bestowed with the ultimate role in local government governance? 

the city fathers need to have a complete review of their staffing policy, too many desk jockeys  in suits and not enough  boots on the ground actually providing a service to the ratepayers  I have never in all my years as a Douglas resident seen the gardens and public open spaces  looking so poor , and the  once colourful  planters  on queens prom filled with chickweed and dandelions  the councillors should be hanging their heads in shame !

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Omobono said:

the city fathers need to have a complete review of their staffing policy, too many desk jockeys  in suits and not enough  boots on the ground actually providing a service to the ratepayers  I have never in all my years as a Douglas resident seen the gardens and public open spaces  looking so poor , and the  once colourful  planters  on queens prom filled with chickweed and dandelions  the councillors should be hanging their heads in shame !

DBC is short staffed on the front lines and some of this has to do with pay rates and IOMG being able to pay more and getting all the staff at the moment. Plenty of job openings right now. Steps are already being taken to address this. Believe you me that I am not a friend of top heavy organisations, but the guys you see out and about every day are working hard and take pride in what they do. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MrGarrison said:

You should be a shoe in for the job 

• Haha 1

When you're done anonymously sniping and insulting people from the sidelines, why don't you get involved in the democratic process? At every single council meeting do I stare at the empty public gallery and think how not one of the people complaining all the time bother to turn up and learn about what we do or engage with us. Not one. Mmmkay. 

• Like 3

Went into Douglas for the first time in about 2 months for a meeting. I try to avoid the place now. Have to say the prom looked really shabby already. Trying to find a parking spot was a challenge and when I finally found one opposite the Jubilee clock, you walk to one end to pay and theres a big sign over the machine saying pay at the other machine right over the other side. Get there and then it says 'You have 4 mins to leave the carpark.' Alright calm down machine! Overall just a shitty experience using stuff that looked eastern bloc. Place looks tired and devoid of any soul. Shame really.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

fair few of them didn’t even get a public mandate

But you didn't even put your name forward, make any attempt to be elected, so that puts them ahead of you???

At least they care. You're just a ???????????????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Went into Douglas for the first time in about 2 months for a meeting. I try to avoid the place now. Have to say the prom looked really shabby already. Trying to find a parking spot was a challenge and when I finally found one opposite the Jubilee clock, you walk to one end to pay and theres a big sign over the machine saying pay at the other machine right over the other side. Get there and then it says 'You have 4 mins to leave the carpark.' Alright calm down machine! Overall just a shitty experience using stuff that looked eastern bloc. Place looks tired and devoid of any soul. Shame really.

All that trouble fora trip to the \Buttery? Its not worth it , is it? You shoud've had your meeting at KFC, that's really worth the trouble???

Edited by Kopek
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

I find that very hard to believe. Very hard indeed. 

Must be bollocks because DBC just increase the rates by whatever they fancy, without any regard for whether it represents value for the ratepayers

... And sort out the parking in the lane next to the Rovers!!! Supposed to be an emergency exit, hence why the Rovers lost their benches. Turns into free parking for DBC staff. Tells you all you need to know about the Council

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Amadeus said:

DBC is short staffed on the front lines and some of this has to do with pay rates and IOMG being able to pay more and getting all the staff at the moment. Plenty of job openings right now. Steps are already being taken to address this. Believe you me that I am not a friend of top heavy organisations, but the guys you see out and about every day are working hard and take pride in what they do. 

DBC pay scales are just completely unfair, they’ll pay 19-22k for a street cleaner or an amenity site worker who’s out in all weathers, yet you’ve got workers in offices that do sweet F.A in comparison on 40k+ 

I saw 3 steet cleaners yesterday in/around strand street, they looked absolutely miserable to be honest, but yes they were doing a good job, it just seems something of a never ending thankless job though.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Amadeus said:

When you're done anonymously sniping and insulting people from the sidelines, why don't you get involved in the democratic process? At every single council meeting do I stare at the empty public gallery and think how not one of the people complaining all the time bother to turn up and learn about what we do or engage with us. Not one. Mmmkay. 

Some of us judge by results. We have also done our bit for society in our long life and feel able to make our views known with some degree of experience. The anonymous aspect is a red herring.

How do you justify the mess, the cost, the lack of front line staff and the overload of managerial and non jobs at the top? Is there really a need for a democratic services officer at whatever grade? 

I'm not arguing, I'm bemused by the demise of a beautiful place and the increase of non-front line staff that appear to be necessary while the staff that keep the place in good condition are made redundant or let go by other means so there are not enough cliff face workers and no continuity of knowledge and blue collar skills.

Edited by doc.fixit
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5