DBC Megathread

Max Power

14 hours ago, 0bserver said:

That would be a great story if it were true. 

Checking the council website he appears to live in a shared bedsit. 

So either it's untrue or the council website is out of date. 

http://www.douglas.gov.im/index.php/the-council/councillors/item/2572-mr-councillor-devon-watson#.YsyUZ6TTUzY

It wasn't he who I was referring to, he's the chairman, not the councilor  who was advised to resign.

I don't know anyone who has been asking for City status. Maybe a councillor or two had the dream?

Other places in UK have had big campaigns and have been whinging likes bastards for yonks, wanting to be called a City.

It's a bit like votes for 16 year olds. Not one, not even the nerdiest of mid-teenagers was sulking in their bedrooms because they didn't have the fucking vote. 

Edited by AOR
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, AOR said:

It's a bit like votes for 16 year olds. Not one, not even the nerdiest of mid-teenagers was sulking in their bedrooms because they didn't have the fucking vote. 

Yup, just because something sounds like a good idea doesn't mean that it is!

• Like 2

On the subject of good ideas, it’s my birthday next month. Around here (in Manila right now for much egaming conference excitement) they put up big banners outside town hall to congratulate the lucky politician. Isn’t that lovely? I’m not saying you should all chip in to buy me one, but you know...maybe something small and in German? :) D15961EF-DA41-4069-A91A-95FACC202C40.jpeg

Jokes aside, being back here in my second home once again showed me how lucky we are in the IOM. No organisation is perfect but all things considered, DBC is delivering a lot. Could it do more and be better? Sure. Any organisation can. What makes me a little sad is the fact that people are quick to rant online but never get off the couch. The public gallery is always empty at meetings and few if any people turn up to the monthly clinics. We’re here to listen and act on the policy level. Would be lovely if more people got involved in making Douglas an even better place to live. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

On the subject of good ideas, it’s my birthday next month. Around here (in Manila right now for much egaming conference excitement) they put up big banners outside town hall to congratulate the lucky politician. Isn’t that lovely? I’m not saying you should all chip in to buy me one, but you know...maybe something small and in German? :) D15961EF-DA41-4069-A91A-95FACC202C40.jpeg

Jokes aside, being back here in my second home once again showed me how lucky we are in the IOM. No organisation is perfect but all things considered, DBC is delivering a lot. Could it do more and be better? Sure. Any organisation can. What makes me a little sad is the fact that people are quick to rant online but never get off the couch. The public gallery is always empty at meetings and few if any people turn up to the monthly clinics. We’re here to listen and act on the policy level. Would be lovely if more people got involved in making Douglas an even better place to live. 

You said that before about meetings and I gave a reply which I stick by.

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

How often do they get their bins emptied? 

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

How often do they get their bins emptied? 

Daily. Sorted by hand for anything of value / recyclable. Not really how we’d like recycling to be done but in a way very efficient - if you totally ignore the massive health hazards and poverty line pay. 

8B814B1F-B3B5-4AA4-BF53-F6B4449D2C57.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Daily. Sorted by hand for anything of value / recyclable. Not really how we’d like recycling to be done but in a way very efficient - if you totally ignore the massive health hazards and poverty line pay. 

8B814B1F-B3B5-4AA4-BF53-F6B4449D2C57.jpeg

Seems excessive. Once a week is enough.

12 hours ago, Amadeus said:

You  do know your a Corpy councillor for a tiny council don’t you? 
not a politician.  😆 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

And whats it for. Is someone thinking there cat it being fed gin, or are they looking for unicorns 

Alfs hoping to open a Unicorn farm, with Head Keeper Ashford. It will also house the IOM Magic Money Tree Woods. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1