DBC Megathread

Max Power

21 hours ago, John Wright said:

England, specifically, but as the GDPR rules and Human Rights Act are identical the England IoM extrapolation is good.

Is this a recent ECHR decision or something?

I ask because it directly contradicts the view given to me by a CPS solicitor and also seems to contradict the view generally presented on the interweb by sites like pepipoo and even by the police!  Questions | West Yorkshire Police

Is this information out of date now because of the decision you refer to?

23 hours ago, John Wright said:

Signs, or visible, which is why they’re painted yellow or there are signs. There’s a Human Rights decision. Each force has its own best practice guide, and of course they put up dummy signs.

I'm aware each constabulary has (or had if you are correct) its own guidance/policy, but why would that be the case if the law actually requires warnings?  Different guidance and policies wouldn't be required if the legal position was clear and unambiguous.

Interesting if the court has effectively ruled in apparent favour of speeders given its previous decision in O'Halloran regarding self-incrimination.

(Apologies for straying off topic!  Just to clarify - I'm interested because of difficulties regarding the effective enforcement of limits local to us and I'm always keen to verify what we've been told by local "experts".)

37 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

Is this a recent ECHR decision or something?

I ask because it directly contradicts the view given to me by a CPS solicitor and also seems to contradict the view generally presented on the interweb by sites like pepipoo and even by the police!  Questions | West Yorkshire Police

Is this information out of date now because of the decision you refer to?

I'm aware each constabulary has (or had if you are correct) its own guidance/policy, but why would that be the case if the law actually requires warnings?  Different guidance and policies wouldn't be required if the legal position was clear and unambiguous.

Interesting if the court has effectively ruled in apparent favour of speeders given its previous decision in O'Halloran regarding self-incrimination.

(Apologies for straying off topic!  Just to clarify - I'm interested because of difficulties regarding the effective enforcement of limits local to us and I'm always keen to verify what we've been told by local "experts".)

I’m not aware of an ECHR or ECtHR decision. Didn’t say there was. HRA is UK domestic.

Its the interplay between GDPR and HRA that gives rise to the need to warn if biometric data is likely to be captured, stored, used. It’s less clear with APNR. Depends what is collected and preserved, and how long for.

As it’s not a specific legislative provision it’s down to each force, with guidance from the College of Policing, to draw up best practice procedures. That’s not unusual, across the board, when applying legislation in all sorts of circumstances.

O’Halloran isn’t about biometric data, not really even about APNR, it’s about the need to say who was driving. ( if I remember correctly ) and isn’t relevant, or overturned.

Are there difficulties enforcing here? Or is it just that the powers that be don’t put much effort or man power into it? Yes, legislative changes might facilitate different, automated, technologies.

Remember, radar, fixed or mobile, APNR, Cameras, hand held, aren’t revenue raisers or enforcers in law. They’re supposed to be speed preventers. I’d agree that IoM hasn’t got speed prevention right.

2 and 3 could be if they were not squandering yours and mine rates on something that should be coming  out of the the budget of home affairs. If it is prevent detect crime why are ratepayers footing the bill. Bigbrother is watching you. Unless you try to access images with a legit request, oh they have not been working/we cannot find the data.

I just took the below screenshot from comments on the "Corruption and Poor Governance IoM" FB page... Another one for Amadeus to look into perhaps?

Screenshot_20220724-210243_Facebook.jpg

19 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I just took the below screenshot from comments on the "Corruption and Poor Governance IoM" FB page... Another one for Amadeus to look into perhaps?

Screenshot_20220724-210243_Facebook.jpg

Perhaps he took advice from ex Councillor/Treasury Minister Ashford MHK, who squandered £120,000 on a chewing gum machine, with his other councillors. He can’t whinge it wasn’t him, as he was happy to pose for his picture taken with the chewing gum machine. 

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

Where's the litter? Flowers!!! Yeuck, No thanks. Aren't most of them Poppies> They only last a few days then you'll be moaning about the waste of money!!!🙂

To be fair all round, you really are an arsehole with a lot of time on his hands.

21 hours ago, Augustus said:

Picture 1 is our litter-strewn, dusty mess and Pictures 2 and 3 are how it could be done.

Douglas.jpg

Worcester1.jpg

Worcester2.jpg

To be fair though. This bit was only recently completed by the DOI and maybe too late for seeding this year. If (or when) it looks this bad next year then you have a valid complaint against DBC.