Isle of Man Post Office Investment - will it improve deliveries?

AOR

28 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

That happens quite a lot in USA, it's not necessarily the same carrier/courier company that moves it. 

Was all USPS, but no doubt they outsource. Just thought it amusing that it went all the way from North Houston to Chicago and back to Houston, 2,150 miles instead of 10.

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

However, having departed  in London on 3/3, gone to East Midlands and arrived at IoM Post HQ at 6am Thursday, it’s not yet made the final mile.

Now had demand for £110 import duty and VAT. IoM Customs & Excise quoted the wrong regulations/notices.

Contested. Drew attention to the correct VAT Notice.

Parcel now released, nothing to pay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Now had demand for £110 import duty and VAT. IoM Customs & Excise quoted the wrong regulations/notices.

Contested. Drew attention to the correct VAT Notice.

Parcel now released, nothing to pay.

No one seems to understand import/export regulations post-Brexit (especially of course the UK government)  So the tendency is to assume there are some and hold the goods to ransom as it's much more difficult to charge if you release and then find some are.

If you don't get a parcel by the day after it arrives on the Island, you should chase up the next day rather than waiting.  Stuff may be broken in transit and returned or stuff can get lost from parcels but recovered.

• 5 months later...

My business (my livelihood) depends on sending parcels to and from UK.

My UK customers are overwhelmed - no exaggeration, that is the only word for it - at the speed they receive my goods. Order before 4:30pm and they receive it next day, sometimes the following morning. When they find out we are on the Isle of Man they are further astounded. 

It's a good feeling and my business benefits.

However, when ordering goods from UK it is quite a different story, I allow 1-2 weeks. 

I don't expect a reciprocal service, because guess what, we live on an island but . . . 

Here's tracking details from a parcel received today. It looks like it has been languishing in the Douglas Post Office since last Wednesday. I am located in Douglas town. easy access, someone in the office all day.

This is typical.

It's poor*, it really is.

355318616_Tracking012.jpg.03b2a433375f0601f3b5c5d44295a04d.jpg

* ie 'shit'

Edited by AOR

42 minutes ago, 2112 said:

@AORworld class first world service ………. not! 

But it could be and should be. What is wrong here? There seems to be a bottle neck? Is it manx complacency (aka traa dy liooar, aka ICBA?)

I must emphasis that this is not a one off situation. And yes, I have on a rare occasion received a package within 2/3 days. But 1 right does not make 5 wrongs right.

Any thoughts @Stu Peters

2 hours ago, quilp said:

Why would Stu Peters have any thoughts on your personal dilemmas?

quilpy our kid, 

I'm not trying to have a go at him. In fact I am very much a supporter. As you will be aware SP is Chairman of Post Office, where no doubt he will be told all is rosy in the garden, and if not they are on top of it.

I have been having problems with late parcel deliveries, as documented on these very forums, from long before your pop idol had aspirations to becoming MHK let alone Chair of PO.

He needs to hear the other side of what he will be getting told by well paid managers and cs.

You call this a "personal dilemma". You don't work for Isle of Man Post Office do you? Because it sounds like you do.

PS - I mean only the best for Isle of Man Post Office (and its Chair) and if that means criticism or questioning then so be it.