Who elected this clown ?

Shake me up Judy

It would be a bit difficult for the UK military to defend us if required (I'm assuming they would) if they weren't allowed to enter our airspace and territorial waters... 

Muppet, but then his military experience is probably based on rolling tanks into townships or bush wars against banana republics. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

It would be a bit difficult for the UK military to defend us if required (I'm assuming they would) if they weren't allowed to enter our airspace and territorial waters... 

Muppet, but then his military experience is probably based on rolling tanks into townships or bush wars against banana republics. 

Are you allowed to say things like that these day:sweat:

2 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

the airspace around the Isle of Man is international , the UK government are responsible for our defence and there is a very long tradition  of the Isle of Mans excellent relationship that  all of the UK armed forces ,and in particular the Royal airforce , have with us ,

John needs to stop listening to Bernie Moffatt , and all the other republican tripe ,  we could be be  up against  the forces of Putin at any time now and our pilots need all the support and training they can get , I do not believe the Royal airforce  specifically target women and children or are involved in atrocities , and for some considerable time  there have been very few , if any Saudi  or other gulf state  trainee pilots  involved in touch and go flights into Ronaldsway ,

If John has any evidence to the contrary then let's see it please !

• Like 10

1 minute ago, AOR said:

I have respect for BM but on this point he just shows how parochial and introspective his viewpoint is. Especially with what is going on in the world just now.

And what sanctions is our government imposing on Russian money on the island re the Ukraine situation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

One day, sadly, in the world we live in it might be necessary to fight a war against someone who would do us harm (no I don't mean the false wars we get dragged into). If that were to happen we would be glad the RAF and others were in current practice ! 

Our RAF vs the Russian Air Force. In the words of HG Wells - Bow and Arrows against the storm.

• Like 2

This is an old argument against the training of Saudi pilots who 'could' be involved in bombing innocent civilians in the Yemen.

It has nothing to do with defence of either the UK or the Isle of Man.

It seemed to rather stump Alf Cannan?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Our RAF vs the Russian Air Force. In the words of HG Wells - Bow and Arrows against the storm.

Yes, but our RAF boys do banter. The Russians do vodka.