Who elected this clown ?

Shake me up Judy

20 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes but they had no intention of defending the Channel Islands. Instead they evacuated the women and children in a huge logistical exercise and then left the rest to fend for themselves. It’s exactly what they’d do to us in similar circumstances. 

If they hadn't done that and resisted an invasion they would then have suffered the same fate as Malta.... bombed out of existence. Sadly it was the right thing to do. Discretion and valour and all that.

• Like 3

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/minister-expects-more-russian-sanctions/

Interesting we can be a responsible jurisdiction which mirrors UK and international thinking when it comes to war mongering, and have "a part to play on the world stage".

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mlc-calls-for-review-of-international-aid-budget/

But when it comes to overseas aid we're happy to pay a tiny fraction of the UK and internationally agreed levels and have recently frozen it for the fourth year running.

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m not disputing that. I’m just saying that’s what they did. And they’d do it to us too if the need ever arose. We’re paying defense costs for a guaranteed no defense if it ever came down to it. 

Like I said earlier. We don't pay for defence of the Island. We pay as a contribution to the defence of the whole British Islands and it's citizens. Do you not get that. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Wait, which one did we win? 

Your people got the runner-up prize a couple of times but your long game may have been more successful.

I still remember with fondness the story of your grandfather's sad demise, but daren't even smile out loud about it in my new job.

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Like I said earlier. We don't pay for defence of the Island. We pay as a contribution to the defence of the whole British Islands and it's citizens. Do you not get that. 

But why? When it's not us that makes the British Islands a target. They make themselves a target with their actions overseas and would defend themselves if needed regardless of our contribution.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/minister-expects-more-russian-sanctions/

Interesting we can be a responsible jurisdiction which mirrors UK and international thinking when it comes to war mongering, and have "a part to play on the world stage".

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mlc-calls-for-review-of-international-aid-budget/

But when it comes to overseas aid we're happy to pay a tiny fraction of the UK and internationally agreed levels and have recently frozen it for the fourth year running.

International Aid, we have Foodbanks and can’t even look after our own people. I think the issue of international aid was very much brought to the fore in the Quayle Regime, and politicos who used it as a way of trying to boost the islands image on the world stage. 

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

International Aid, we have Foodbanks and can’t even look after our own people. I think the issue of international aid was very much brought to the fore in the Quayle Regime, and politicos who used it as a way of trying to boost the islands image on the world stage. 

We gave Lewis Hamilton a bigger VAT rebate on his private jet than we give in international aid.

We pay more in defence each year than we give in international aid despite having no enemies.

The Liverpool landing stage is costing more than we've given in international aid in the last 30 years!

It's completely wrong and shameful that we have food banks, but it isn't because of our contribution to international aid. 

• Like 1