Max Power

25 minutes ago, Hooly said:

Maybe he wasn't a doctor in medicine so wouldn't know what to do for someone having a seizure? Playing devil's advocate 🙂

He is a medical doctor. He understands when to do CPR, and what to do with someone having a seizure. 

Despite my namesake’s certainty about “never doing CPR in a seizure” it ain’t necessarily as clearcut as one may think. Not all seizures present as your classic grand-mal epilepsy, and what starts as a seizure can lead to a loss of airway, respiratory and subsequent cardiac arrest. CPR may well have been indicated in this case. I wasn’t there personally to check for an output. 

I’d heard about this before the news report. I thought then it could have been handled better, without anyone being arrested or charged, despite John describing it as a win for both sides. For the advocates perhaps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

32 minutes ago, wrighty said:

He is a medical doctor. He understands when to do CPR, and what to do with someone having a seizure. 

Despite my namesake’s certainty about “never doing CPR in a seizure” it ain’t necessarily as clearcut as one may think. Not all seizures present as your classic grand-mal epilepsy, and what starts as a seizure can lead to a loss of airway, respiratory and subsequent cardiac arrest. CPR may well have been indicated in this case. I wasn’t there personally to check for an output. 

I’d heard about this before the news report. I thought then it could have been handled better, without anyone being arrested or charged, despite John describing it as a win for both sides. For the advocates perhaps.

Well if he is a medical doctor, rather than a lawyer, doctor of philosophy  or say, genonomics “doctor” then who is anyone to say he made the wrong call?

I wouldn’t have a clue what to do in that situation 

Edited by The Voice of Reason

36 minutes ago, wrighty said:

. For the advocates perhaps.

If the defendant advocate was duty advocate it’s 20 minutes, so about £45.

The prosecutor is paid and there anyway, although there is a cost, it’s hard to quantify.

As I say, we don’t have the full facts.

26 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m more worried about the latitude bouncers seem have to second guess and report on what procedures are deemed to be appropriate to be administered by qualified medical staff in pubs. Nobles could save a fortune by employing these people at £12 an hour. 

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well if he is a medical doctor, rather than a lawyer, doctor of philosophy  or say, genonomics “doctor” then who is anyone to say he made the wrong call?

I wouldn’t have a clue what to do in that situation 

That’s not what they were charged over. It was their language and behaviour on licensed premises.

The question wasn’t whether his call was correct.

And it wasn’t a door staff person, but the publican. Although no one but you, offshoremanxman, is suggesting they claimed superior medical knowledge

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I've just been playing about with that (the nearest to JAKS is in the toilets opposite Quids Inn) and there seem some very odd gaps in the coverage.  Nothing in the Villa Complex for example.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

No evidence was given in court. There’s nothing to investigate. It got to the doors of the court and the advocates for prosecution and defence cut a deal.

Publicans and door staff get first aid and CPR training. As I say, you do not attempt CPR on someone having a seizure.

Cerebral anoxia causes fits. Lack of circulation is a cause of cerebral anoxia. Your certainty is not one shared by those who actually deal with such situations

• Like 2

He is a Doctor 

He is also a FB obsessed anti-vaxxer

He is a conspiracy theorist 

He has posted recently about retraining as a lawyer

He has an astonishingly high opinion of himself primarily based on his demand of respect for his profession 

He has recently been added to the Gobshites to be ignored tab on my XL sheet

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

He is a Doctor 

He is also a FB obsessed anti-vaxxer

He is a conspiracy theorist 

He has posted recently about retraining as a lawyer

He has an astonishingly high opinion of himself primarily based on his demand of respect for his profession 

He has recently been added to the Gobshites to be ignored tab on my XL sheet

Listen Mr Helmut Fromage , for god sakes dont beat about the bush , say it as it is you wimp 😉 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, John Wright said:

As I say, something doesn’t add up. We don’t actually know the facts.

I do and as usual this forum does nothing but show that certain individuals seem to think they know everything about everything when actually they know very little.  See the credit card thread for further examples.

It also shows that the local news outlets are clueless.  They haven’t even got the month correct.

It was Jan 2nd as confirmed by just checking my phone log for when I made the 999 call just after the final whistle in the Liverpool match.

Why people feel the need to comment on things they know nothing about I will never understand.

Edited by Forumuser2022

19 minutes ago, Forumuser2022 said:

I do and as usual this forum does nothing but show that certain individuals seem to think they know everything about everything when actually they know very little.  See the credit card thread for further examples.

It also shows that the local news outlets are clueless.  They haven’t even got the month correct.

It was Jan 2nd as confirmed by just checking my phone log for when I made the 999 call just after the final whistle in the Liverpool match.

Why people feel the need to comment on things they know nothing about I will never understand.

So what actually happened then?