Max Power

22 minutes ago, Forumuser2022 said:

I do and as usual this forum does nothing but show that certain individuals seem to think they know everything about everything when actually they know very little.  See the credit card thread for further examples.

It also shows that the local news outlets are clueless.  They haven’t even got the month correct.

It was Jan 2nd as confirmed by just checking my phone log for when I made the 999 call just after the final whistle in the Liverpool match.

Why people feel the need to comment on things they know nothing about I will never understand.

It's a discussion forum and this is a strange case, it may be that it has been poorly reported and that there is much more to it (clearly there is).  Either way, you can't stop people talking about it.

You were there so are in a position to correct any misconceptions.  You don't have to, but it may stop speculation.

Presumably an ambulance was called as well as the police? 

27 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

So what actually happened then?

If you needed to know you would already know.

That is how these things work.  If something impacts your life you know about it.  If it doesn’t impact your life then it is f*** all to do with you and you should keep your beak out.

People should know by now to ignore everything in the local press.  They didn’t get the sat right, or anything else and everything they ever publish is full of errors.

Imagine what a better place the world would be if people just worried about their own problems instead of gossiping about what was a horrible and traumatic experience for all concerned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forumuser2022 said:

Imagine what a better place the world would be if people just worried about their own problems instead of gossiping about what was a horrible and traumatic experience for all concerned.

In the 'good old days' of ManxForums there was a poster on here who would have chased that ambulance and posted pics for a little scoop and some much needed attention, yet in a packed pub full of smart phones it seems common decency prevailed, so perhaps the world is a much better place than this forum would suggest.

37 minutes ago, Forumuser2022 said:

That is how these things work.  If something impacts your life you know about it.  If it doesn’t impact your life then it is f*** all to do with you and you should keep your beak out.

People should know by now to ignore everything in the local press.  They didn’t get the sat right, or anything else and everything they ever publish is full of errors.

That's a good sentiment, however, the operation of the AG's office and the courts is everyone's business. On face value it seems something is amiss here that this came to court and the "offenders" only got a slap on the wrist. Was it in the public interest to bring this to court?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Forumuser2022 said:

It's a shame that you've knocked the press and then not taken up the offer to put it right. That is all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Forumuser2022 said:

I do and as usual this forum does nothing but show that certain individuals seem to think they know everything about everything when actually they know very little.  See the credit card thread for further examples.

It also shows that the local news outlets are clueless.  They haven’t even got the month correct.

It was Jan 2nd as confirmed by just checking my phone log for when I made the 999 call just after the final whistle in the Liverpool match.

Why people feel the need to comment on things they know nothing about I will never understand.

You waited for the football to finish before phoning an ambulance?