What's the biggest lie told by IoM Government?

Max Power

Since I started the thread, I'll go first!

"The Isle of Man, where you can."

This is probably the land of the least opportunity I can imagine, a place where to make a small fortune, first you need a big one. A place where you can be crushed at the whim of a civil servant, where people are only too happy to see people fail, where people object to anything on the flimsiest of grounds and their politicians will support their objections! 

There, I've said it! 

Next....

• Like 14

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

locate.im 

Loads of money to build the population and then came the census results ……….

Its worse than that as I'm 100% sure the census results , mainly due to no follow ups and wrong house occupancy details, were not remotely accurate. Census was another typical IOMG fuck up . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Max Power said:

Since I started the thread, I'll go first!

"The Isle of Man, where you can."

This is probably the land of the least opportunity I can imagine, a place where to make a small fortune, first you need a big one. A place where you can be crushed at the whim of a civil servant, where people are only too happy to see people fail, where people object to anything on the flimsiest of grounds and their politicians will support their objections! 

There, I've said it! 

Next....

There's a boat in the morning, usually a few days a week at least. If you have any 'getup and go' then you'll be on it. If you get left behind you end up running the place and the lack of quality in the keys shows this.

Nice for holidays, walking the dog, watching the annual death festivals (TT, MGP).

That's it.

• Like 2

Unemployment figures. Check the May 2021 labour market, then from the same department the census figures collated in May 2021.

The one that really pisses me of is Footfall, stakeholders and but really anything and everything from DfE.

The thread should read when does Government tell us the truth.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

There's a boat in the morning, usually a few days a week at least. If you have any 'getup and go' then you'll be on it. If you get left behind you end up running the place and the lack of quality in the keys shows this.

Nice for holidays, walking the dog, watching the annual death festivals (TT, MGP).

That's it.

Increasingly my thoughts too. I've got 3 neighbouring households who have recently sold their properties at the top of the market and gone back to UK, retirement in Cumbria in one instance, they just couldn't see their future here. Out of the 3, two of the houses sold to "UK investors" who paid the asking prices within 10 days without even viewing, albeit it's a fairly new development.

We're not immune from global costs for fuel etc, that's recognised. It's all the other add-ons and fuck ups we're paying for/going to be paying for as well that breaks the camel's back, power stations, ferry terminals, shipping lines and government financial conduct and govt numbers that are increasing like vermin on heat.

Nice views don't pay the bills unfortunately and after the payment there's not much left.

ETA. That a local Internet forum thread with this title would even be started speaks volumes IMHO.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Increasingly my thoughts too. I've got 3 neighbouring households who have recently sold their properties at the top of the market and gone back to UK, retirement in Cumbria in one instance, they just couldn't see their future here. 

To be fair Derek gave it a go. In the sphere in which he would be rubbing shoulders, he's too honest and well-meaning. This is the Isle of Man.