What's the biggest lie told by IoM Government?

Max Power

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Is this a lie or just delusional? Does anybody really believe these aspirations are realistic? (iomtoday)

Screenshot_20220301-223257_Chrome.jpg

NO it has to be Daffy's comment there will be no more petrol or diesel  vehicles on the Manx roads by 2030  part of the Island commitment to zero emissions ,  the way things are shaping up there will be No Daffy in Tynwald by 2026, and there will be an extra £42 million to spend on health  education  ,infrastructure and all the other things government are seriously neglecting  as Alf said recently we are in for a rough ride !                     and a lot of people have other things to think about than saving the planet 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Is this a lie or just delusional? Does anybody really believe these aspirations are realistic? (iomtoday)

Screenshot_20220301-223257_Chrome.jpg

https://www.iomdfenterprise.im/news-events/

Just found searching DFE site. Tis true apparently. £430 million should help the Island along though 😂😂😂😂 = delusional

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

...and a lot of people have other things to think about than saving the planet 

Is this whole exercise about saving the planet or really about saving the human race? Should the human race pollute itself out of existence, this planet, over a few millenia would carry on, revert to a previous time, pre-human. Evolution would perhaps begin all over again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, quilp said:

Is this whole exercise about saving the planet or really about saving the human race? Should the human race pollute itself out of existence, this planet, over a few millenia would carry on, revert to a previous time, pre-human. Evolution would perhaps begin all over again.

But who will feed all the puppies?

Humans should be wiped out.

over 46,000 visitors each month, do me a favour, who writes this shit for Government ?

This is in the same bracket as 2.5 million passengers per annum through the airport. I am all for ambition but to release this is just laughable. 

The problems in a nut shell, we dream of buffalo but the mice are running past us ! Still I guess it generates more well paid superannuated positions. FFS what are they on !

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, asitis said:

over 46,000 visitors each month, do me a favour, who writes this shit for Government ?

This is in the same bracket as 2.5 million passengers per annum through the airport. I am all for ambition but to release this is just laughable. 

The problems in a nut shell, we dream of buffalo but the mice are running past us ! Still I guess it generates more well paid superannuated positions. FFS what are they on !

46,000 will include people over to visit family, business etc. However they measure the number it'll not be tourists alone.

43 minutes ago, asitis said:

That’s easy, the same people who used to be journalists on Manx Radio or IOM Newspapers. Leave a well paid job into another even more well paid job, with army of government spin doctors dreaming up stories. Us taxpayers are paying for this, sadly Alfie knows about government largesses and waste but hasn’t the backbone to do anything. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GD4ELI said:

46,000 will include people over to visit family, business etc. However they measure the number it'll not be tourists alone.

Wealthy tourists at that. If they're spending £430 million between them. That's one hell of a lot of Manx Knobs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1