Old Nurse's Home

AlsoBatman

Roof top and most of the building is apartments, ground floor is a coffee shop. No car parking because 'active travel' but car charging points for the virtuous. Apartments designed as a (presumably limited period) 'landing pad' for returning graduates  and essential workers. Having lived next door for over 10 years I think it's a tremendous scheme and a good use of a difficult building.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Roof top and most of the building is apartments, ground floor is a coffee shop. No car parking because 'active travel' but car charging points for the virtuous. Apartments designed as a (presumably limited period) 'landing pad' for returning graduates  and essential workers. Having lived next door for over 10 years I think it's a tremendous scheme and a good use of a difficult building.

Never understood why one bed-roomed accommodation is still being created. Even if you live alone, you may have a family member stop over.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

My understanding is that they're not for sale and will be rented out by the MDC.

That's very interesting. As the treasury is the sole shareholder, where does the rent go? And manages the property?

I guess it's too soon to see the application on manngis?

32 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

My understanding is that they're not for sale and will be rented out by the MDC.

Thereby bypassing the need for 25% of the apartments to be affordable whilst placing an arms length government funded organisation in direct competition with private landlords. Interesting indeed 

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

59 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Never understood why one bed-roomed accommodation is still being created. Even if you live alone, you may have a family member stop over.

There’s a huge demand for one beds for returning graduates, essential workers and singles who are relocated by employers. I’d expect much the same by Dandara when the old Lord Street flats are done up.

If it’s government owned, funded, presumably they’ll  be rented through DoI, like most public and social housing, and key workers accommodation.

Its a good call.

• Like 3