Old Nurse's Home

AlsoBatman

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’m sure owners will sell if the price is right. I’m sure business owners will relocate if they are offered decent incentives and alternative relocating opportunities with good inducements. It all depends on whether there is a will to actually do anything or whether politicos are all hot air, bullshit and waffle. 

Some might, others possibly won't, which will make re-developing the site that much more difficult.

I doubt if the Scout Group would find it easy to find an alternative venue.

56 minutes ago, Katman said:

Aren't a lot of the properties around this Demesne Road 're-development area' privately owned? What if the owners don't want to sell up, are they going to be compulsory purchased, does that happen on the Island?

Some are but government own the school plus old Jane crookall so good amount of land.

We need these brownfield sites developed rather than green fields constantly.

We also need a decision on whether Park Road will be developed as a new school so either that site can have housing on if no school or the school 🏫 n Stoney road developed as housing if yes to school 

Edited by Banker
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

We also need a decision on whether Park Road will be developed as a new school so either that site can have housing on if no school or the school 🏫 n Stoney road developed as housing if yes to school 

I agree, the old Park Road site needs something doing with it, same with the old prison site.

• Like 2

I suspect the old prison site is not being re-developed so it can be used in conjunction with the paddock etc for TT or for temporary accommodation (as at this years event). They are continually expanding the areas used for TT and are now using a large part of Nobles Park so they need a site for future expansion. 

Is there any other reason for them to hold on to this site??  

4 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

It's down for a new primary school I think

A new school for a falling school roll no doubt. 

There were plans drawn up for the Park Road site of multi tenure housing, sheltered, FTB etc. Obviously Chris Thomas and his merry H&C Board have kicked that out of the ball park.

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

A new school for a falling school roll no doubt. 

There were plans drawn up for the Park Road site of multi tenure housing, sheltered, FTB etc. Obviously Chris Thomas and his merry H&C Board have kicked that out of the ball park.

That was last education minister as planned to build new school & close the other 2 out of date ones but unsure if any plans drawn up 

48 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

There are a lot of people who attend clinics at the old hospital will find parking a problem with this car park closed also the Doctors and Dentists I pity the residents around that area a lot who don’t have drives or garages.

If you don't have a garage or drive do not buy a car simple

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hissingsid said:

There are a lot of people who attend clinics at the old hospital will find parking a problem with this car park closed also the Doctors and Dentists I pity the residents around that area a lot who don’t have drives or garages.

Bus stop opposite clinic 

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, english zloty said:

What news of Alf's MDC flagship project?

I'm no expert but removing the top two floors over a year into the project doesn't seem like good progress is being made in an 18 month build. Nevermind, I'm sure it's all planned and costed for 😄🤣

Probably need more money due to increased costs. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, english zloty said:

What news of Alf's MDC flagship project?

I'm no expert but removing the top two floors over a year into the project doesn't seem like good progress is being made in an 18 month build. Nevermind, I'm sure it's all planned and costed for 😄🤣

Well at least it wan't the bottom two floors, then they'd be in real trouble.

It'll be like the trams... they'll come back and finish it later.

With prices falling, interest rates and inflation at high levels (though not much above average over the longer term) I wonder if any of these have been sold 'off plan' and if they will get a last minute price hike or else lose the deposit?