Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

No. My kids’ sex Ed lessons were all delivered by their class teachers/tutors. 
I see this claim a lot, but nobody ever names the “religious groups” or the schools. Is it a Manx rumour? 

will this MHK please put up or shut up ! first its trying to close the schools because she feels it a bit windy ,  and undermining the  decisions the education department and schools  for the safety of the children in her care    now she wants to control sex education in schools , citing  the abortion bill in her interview , which really has nothing to do with the teaching criteria ,  As a school governor herself you would think she would understand the system , 

I think this lady protests too much  ! she has only been in the Job 5 minutes , what we were taught in school and its a scientific fact 

Empty Vessels Make The Most Noise ,!  let's see some evidence backed information  and not here say !

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Omobono said:

will this MHK please put up or shut up ! first its trying to close the schools because she feels it a bit windy ,  and undermining the  decisions the education department and schools  for the safety of the children in her care    now she wants to control sex education in schools , citing  the abortion bill in her interview , which really has nothing to do with the teaching criteria ,  As a school governor herself you would think she would understand the system , 

I think this lady protests too much  ! she has only been in the Job 5 minutes , what we were taught in school and its a scientific fact 

Empty Vessels Make The Most Noise ,!  let's see some evidence backed information  and not here say !

I think you should tell us what school you went to. So we can avoid it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Weren't Living Hope advertising in the QE2 some years ago? I seem to remember objections back then. Personally, I'm delighted that this has come up. Let the parents, and whatever cult they adhere to do the religious stuff, keep it out of schools.

What if an Atheist group approached the schools, to argue that there probably is no god and disbelief is also reasonable, they'd probably wouldn't even broach a reply.

This isn't just about sex education.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

No. My kids’ sex Ed lessons were all delivered by their class teachers/tutors. 
I see this claim a lot, but nobody ever names the “religious groups” or the schools. Is it a Manx rumour? 

FOI 512133 shows that some groups have been going into schools. They're not however allowed to have unsupervised access to pupils.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

What’s this obsession with not naming the groups or schools? It’s like Vague News around here. 

The only obsession I have is with lazy people. You have a link to the site and the FOI number. Would you like me to arrange a town crier to come around your hose and read it out to you? FFS.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, piebaps said:

The only obsession I have is with lazy people. You have a link to the site and the FOI number. Would you like me to arrange a town crier to come around your hose and read it out to you? FFS.

You do know your link doesn’t work? 

Nothing new,

I remember being sat in front of a film at school, which as a 13 year old was a good thing in place of a lesson, to watch the film  Cassandra Crossing and then there was an "Explanation" of the moral parts of the story from some religious nut jobs for about an hour............

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1

Have never thought sex education in schools was a good idea. It's a parents decision whether to talk to their children about it. Reproduction can be adequately covered in biology lessons. All sex education does is to sexualise children and normalise sexual behaviour before children have the maturity to deal with it. I've also heard anecdotally that young teenagers are even taught about oral and anal sex in Island schools. They wouldn't be teaching my kids that ...  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1