Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

6 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

Quote from 3FM

An investigation into the Island’s sex education curriculum found that a guest speaker was not dressed in drag, did not give a sex education talk and didn’t ask a pupil to leave the room. 

So as expected basically most of the comments I've read on this story were completely untrue and based on a total fabrication. Just goes to show how the parochial IOM rumour mill works. 

Not just parochial, just plain worrying. 

We go on about how people shoudn't be named in court proceedings here but there was a lynch mob mentality around the issue and calls for Julie Edge to resign, all based on heresay.

Needless to say now the line is sarcastically "oh well ALL of these children must be liars then". Well it appears yes they are. A child telling a lie, I personally am astounded at that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Just a normal day in school then? 

The biggest question here is why did this take so long? A simple question to the teacher in charge and the facts could have been reported weeks ago avoiding speculation and avoiding the national embarrassment that we are now subjected to. 

The delay is the real issue, indeed.

Most of us guessed all was not quite as reported. 

7 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

Quote from 3FM

An investigation into the Island’s sex education curriculum found that a guest speaker was not dressed in drag, did not give a sex education talk and didn’t ask a pupil to leave the room. 

So as expected basically most of the comments I've read on this story were completely untrue and based on a total fabrication. Just goes to show how the parochial IOM rumour mill works. 

As with so many ‘news’ events, the simplest explanation just doesn’t seem to be acceptable. Thinking the best of a situation is not preferable to thinking the worst, and worse, spreading it around inflaming the situation. It’s a pretty dire facet of humanity that seems to be gaining traction with the assistance of social media. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

The delay is the real issue, indeed.

And the damage done in that delay. People getting upset, parents, teachers, lookers on. People turning against one another. 

Not to mention our reputation as an Island. Another strike against encouraging new residents perhaps? 

• Like 4

Just now, Roxanne said:

And the damage done in that delay. People getting upset, parents, teachers, lookers on. People turning against one another. 

Not to mention our reputation as an Island. Another strike against encouraging new residents perhaps? 

The sad thing is, it will become fact to most people. They will have seen the headline. The normal person doesn't follow up on these sort of things, especially if it has nothing to do with them really.

I still get told I must be a millionaire as I don't pay any tax and live in a tax haven, by people I actually know!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jackwhite said:

I still get told I must be a millionaire as I don't pay any tax and live in a tax haven, by people I actually know!

So true. And now they will add that we also live in the place where drag queens teach children in school about anal fisting. 

Just now, Declan said:

Was it a child telling a lie? Or politically motivated adults twisting. 

To be fair, it's difficult to unpick subsequent lies from the original!

I'm pretty sure this started out as a child telling their parent there was a drag queen in their school and became whispers (of a non identified country of your choosing 🤣) to become the end result we had. 

Terrifying this has made it into the UK press (and possibly further beyond) based on the bigotry of individuals. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Just a normal day in school then? 

The biggest question here is why did this take so long? A simple question to the teacher in charge and the facts could have been reported weeks ago avoiding speculation and avoiding the national embarrassment that we are now subjected to. 

+1. This.