Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

3 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Good try but wrong twice. Well known band from the '60s and '70s. 

No that’s not good enough. You said which classic band were named after a cat?

I gave you two correct answers.

I’ll settle for one saucerful of milk , not two , as I think I’d be entitled to.

Just cough up and don’t try and  renege on your commitment. That’s a bit mingy.

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Which was exactly my point. The “mischief in the press” I mentioned in my earlier post.

It does seem that some trans activists are looking for a fight when here is none to be had.

Yes and no...  it is not trans activists who keep bleating on about cat children and litter trays in schools.  That is the anti-trans groups. 

The question that we have been debating ad nauseum is whether a biological male can be of a female gender ( and vice versa). I   ( and many others) don’t believe they can, you believe they can.

I distinguish between biological sex and gender.  They can be different so whilst I would agree that a biological male cannot get pregnant or give birth (yet).  I also accept that some biological males (and we are talking about a tiny percentage here) identify and consider their gender to be female (and vice versa).

But perhaps we can agree that if a male wants to live life as a female (and vv) then they should be allowed to do so in peace, and that choice should be respected.

Yes, absolutely!   But for that to happen we have to educate people that this is acceptable in a civilised society which brings us back round to what children get taught in school.

On a related topic but not aimed at you..

I do find it interesting that Christian groups can believe in Adam and Eve, talking snakes and bushes but seem to have a problem with this topic.

They also happily believe that Mary magically got pregnant without seemingly giving too much thought to the how.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Yes and no...  it is not trans activists who keep bleating on about cat children and litter trays in schools.  That is the anti-trans groups. 

I distinguish between biological sex and gender.  They can be different so whilst I would agree that a biological male cannot get pregnant or give birth (yet).  I also accept that some biological males (and we are talking about a tiny percentage here) identify and consider their gender to be female (and vice versa).

Yes, absolutely!   But for that to happen we have to educate people that this is acceptable in a civilised society which brings us back round to what children get taught in school.

On a related topic but not aimed at you..

I do find it interesting that Christian groups can believe in Adam and Eve, talking snakes and bushes but seem to have a problem with this topic.

They also happily believe that Mary magically got pregnant without seemingly giving too much thought to the how.

Add to that a god who is male, with no female counterpart.  What is the point of being one biological sex without having the opposite number for all eternity? Perhaps that is the 74th gender, identifying as a god. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...