Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

1 hour ago, asitis said:

........ and so we blindly follow the shit show that is the UK and especially the USA !

Well in all fairness, this island has itself to blame to some extent. It has encouraged wokeness and political correctness slavishly, aping the UK, so when things go awry, and the negative headlines occur, it’s for others to clear up the mess. I’m sure many members on here have had good sex education and morality teaching from the islands schools well before the trend to copy left wing activists.

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused by the Number 73. If gender is a spectrum with M (male) at one end and F (female) at the other then there's an infinite number of points between M and F. And I suppose there's also those who see themselves outside gender, so that would be infinity plus one. And really are M and F the cardinal points of the spectrum?

34 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I for one would not be happy if my kid got kicked out of class because they said there are only 2 genders and it upset some adults feelings. 

If that's what happened (and we only seem to have the unreliable narrative of that Marown Commissioner on that), that does seem counter-productive. If the point of the lesson was to teach that there's a plethora of genders, then that was a teaching moment, 

1 hour ago, asitis said:

........ and so we blindly follow the shit show that is the UK and especially the USA !

Well in the sense of old people getting terribly indignant about entirely imaginary things, yes.  The fact that they can't even be bothered to make up new non-existent terrors, just shows that as well as being gullible, they're not even very creative.  Why shouldn't Manx imaginary school kids identify as gerbils or porcupines rather than cats like the imaginary US ones?  We've heard all this nonsense before.

30 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Well in all fairness, this island has itself to blame to some extent. It has encouraged wokeness and political correctness slavishly, aping the UK, so when things go awry, and the negative headlines occur, it’s for others to clear up the mess. I’m sure many members on here have had good sex education and morality teaching from the islands schools well before the trend to copy left wing activists.

What is wokeness?

Allowing people to crack on peacefully with their lives?

10 minutes ago, Declan said:

If that's what happened (and we only seem to have the unreliable narrative of that Marown Commissioner on that), that does seem counter-productive. If the point of the lesson was to teach that there's a plethora of genders, then that was a teaching moment, 

Firstly, where is the teacher in this?

Secondly, it’s absolutely a teaching moment. 

I suspect that the child in question could well have been causing trouble, and may have been sent out by the teacher as a disciplinary action if they weren’t behaving. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Declan said:

I'm a bit confused by the Number 73. If gender is a spectrum with M (male) at one end and F (female) at the other then there's an infinite number of points between M and F. And I suppose there's also those who see themselves outside gender, so that would be infinity plus one. And really are M and F the cardinal points of the spectrum?

This is one of the reasons it's very plainly bullshit. Nobody on that side of the debate says the 73 genders thing, it's literally a right wing strawman.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I suspect that the child in question could well have been causing trouble, and may have been sent out by the teacher as a disciplinary action if they weren’t behaving. 

causing trouble and/or not behaving = disagreeing with the states agenda then ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HeliX said:

This is one of the reasons it's very plainly bullshit. Nobody on that side of the debate says the 73 genders thing, it's literally a right wing strawman.

72 other genders

What Are the 72 Other Genders?
Besides male and female, here is a list of the 72 other gender identities that a person may belong to.

Besides male and female, there are 72 other genders, which include the following:

1. Agender: A person who does not identify themselves with or experience any gender. Agender people are also called null-gender, genderless, gendervoid, or neutral gender.
  2. Abimegender: Associated with being profound, deep, and infinite. The term abimegender may be used alone or in combination with other genders.
  3. Adamas gender: A gender that is indefinable or indomitable. People identifying with this gender refuse to be categorized in any particular gender identity.

1 minute ago, WTF said:

Do you think that the state, which just used powers that have never before been used to shoot down a gender recognition bill, has a pro-gender affirmation agenda?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WTF said:

Or just being a lairy KS3 student. It just so happens that this is when they were sent out for it. 

What is the state’s agenda? Are they going to turn us all trans?

Given that the UK Government is actively making the lives of trans people more difficult. I doubt it. 

The gender debate is simply a good way to diverge attention away from the shitshow that is the UK’s economy 

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

72 other genders

What Are the 72 Other Genders?
Besides male and female, here is a list of the 72 other gender identities that a person may belong to.

Besides male and female, there are 72 other genders, which include the following:

1. Agender: A person who does not identify themselves with or experience any gender. Agender people are also called null-gender, genderless, gendervoid, or neutral gender.
  2. Abimegender: Associated with being profound, deep, and infinite. The term abimegender may be used alone or in combination with other genders.
  3. Adamas gender: A gender that is indefinable or indomitable. People identifying with this gender refuse to be categorized in any particular gender identity.

The same site claims there are 4 here:

https://www.medicinenet.com/what_are_the_4_genders/article.htm

Oh no, this confusion might make me question my own identity. Oh the peril. 

6 minutes ago, WTF said:

Disruptive children have been sent out of classrooms for years and years!

Did no-one at your school ever get sent out for being a nuisance and disrupting the class?

In the past kids would have received corporal punishment for being disruptive.  Was that also because they were disagreeing with the states agenda?

• Like 2