Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Interesting comment given your wholehearted support for forcing people to wear masks.

A little off-topic, but there are plenty of studies that say that masks help reduce spread. There are also studies that say they don't. But given they take a second to put on and aren't exactly a faff to wear, what's the harm?

• Like 3

So these children are liars now because it does not fit some people’s agenda ?  I think it is great that these young people have such a good relationship with their parents that they feel able to relate to them what is happening in the schools.   To involve a non teaching person to get involved in these lessons drag Queen or not is totally unacceptable.   If this had happened to any of my children the police station would have been my first stop.    

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Not long ago people used to think it was laughable that women would be able to vote. 

It was laughable too that gay people would be allowed to marry.

Amazing really what a bit of progress does. 

And it was laughable to think that weapons would be produced that could blow up the world several times over.

Progress is not always good ( obviously your two examples are)

This is the Isle of Man. Fast becoming a mini-UK with all the wokery, stupidity and manipulation of children that entails. This “teaching” should never got past a responsible teacher, Headteacher or Department. As usual, there will be some waffling dumbass excuse for the inexcusable and the “investigation” that finds nothing and holds nobody accountable. At the minimum, the parents should expect the Headteacher to go. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

"It's wise to doubt things that are wholly unsubstantiated by evidence."

I mean, I fully agree with this statement. Wise Helix, wise.

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD006207.pub6/full

There simply isn't the evidence, and there never has been, because it doesn't exist. 

I would presume you're not holding comments I made in 2020-2022 to account against a report released in 2023?

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

"It's wise to doubt things that are wholly unsubstantiated by evidence."

I mean, I fully agree with this statement. Wise Helix, wise.

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD006207.pub6/full

There simply isn't the evidence, and there never has been, because it doesn't exist. 

From the authors, in the first line of the conclusion, see below. 

In effect, it’s a big survey paper motivating the need for better randomised controlled trials. 

The high risk of bias in the trials, variation in outcome measurement, and relatively low adherence with the interventions during the studies hampers drawing firm conclusions.

The observed lack of effect of mask wearing in interrupting the spread of influenza‐like illness (ILI) or influenza/COVID‐19 in our review has many potential reasons, including: poor study design; insufficiently powered studies arising from low viral circulation in some studies; lower adherence with mask wearing, especially amongst children; quality of the masks used; self‐contamination of the mask by hands; lack of protection from eye exposure from respiratory droplets (allowing a route of entry of respiratory viruses into the nose via the lacrimal duct); saturation of masks with saliva from extended use (promoting virus survival in proteinaceous material); and possible risk compensation behaviour leading to an exaggerated sense of security

3 minutes ago, joebean said:

This is the Isle of Man. Fast becoming a mini-UK with all the wokery, stupidity and manipulation of children that entails. This “teaching” should never got past a responsible teacher, Headteacher or Department. As usual, there will be some waffling dumbass excuse for the inexcusable and the “investigation” that finds nothing and holds nobody accountable. At the minimum, the parents should expect the Headteacher to go. 

Pray tell, what is “wokery”?

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And it was laughable to think that weapons would be produced that could blow up the world several times over.

Progress is not always good ( obviously your two examples are)

But without that nuclear research, we also wouldn’t have much of the radiotherapy and such we have today.

8 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

From the authors, in the first line of the conclusion, see below. 

In effect, it’s a big survey paper motivating the need for better randomised controlled trials. 

Yes. I know. I've read it. My argument being, if you want people to drastically alter their behaviour for some reason, prove it is of benefit. There simply is not the proof, and there never has been. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1