Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

The idea of evagelical christians teaching sexuality through the lens of the OT Book of Leviticus sickens me.  I think that the education system in the Isle of Man is jam-packed full of the God Squad, which is how invitations to groups like Living Hope are generated.

• Like 3

At our school the music teacher decided to take it upon himself to discuss sex with the class and asked everyone one by one what their opinion was on a particular aspect of sex. We weren't long teenagers and it was awkward and toe-curling, it didn't seem right but at the time, what can you do?

(erm, despite being a reasonable musician at the time, I opted not to do music O'Level) 

3 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The birth rate is down across all developed nations. Nothing to do with sex education in schools though. Less women are getting pregnant and having babies. There are multiple reasons for that.

You didn't read the study.

I worked off the Island for a few years. A girlfriend, in her mid 20s and mother of 2 children, was not aware what ovulation meant and believed that pregnancy, other than the obvious act of mating, was entirely random. I was the first to explain, although I have to say I wasn't all that sure myself.

The whole shebang is one of the most wonderful and interesting subjects there is.

Other than said music teacher (**shivers**) I just remember one brief lesson, where at some point there was a line drawing, a sort of cut-away diagram, of all the bits and pieces. I tried to memorize it and indeed I did. I can't forget it. It still haunts me.

11 minutes ago, AOR said:

I worked off the Island for a few years. A girlfriend, in her mid 20s and mother of 2 children, was not aware what ovulation meant and believed that pregnancy, other than the obvious act of mating, was entirely random. I was the first to explain, although I have to say I wasn't all that sure myself.

The whole shebang is one of the most wonderful and interesting subjects there is.

Other than said music teacher (**shivers**) I just remember one brief lesson, where at some point there was a line drawing, a sort of cut-away diagram, of all the bits and pieces. I tried to memorize it and indeed I did. I can't forget it. It still haunts me.

It wasn't the music teacher at Park Road was it? He could be far too touchy-feely, gave me the willies.

Er...

• Haha 1