Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

4 minutes ago, cissolt said:

I think that's where the whole thing stems from, the 73 genders has been mixed up with 73 breeds of cat.  That's not a coincidence.  

Indeed, and we all know that the correct term for a fecund female cat is a queen.  It's all adding up now. 

4 hours ago, Declan said:

I think it's surprising that the drag queen hasn't come forward to defend or explain their part in the process interesting. I had assumed that if non-teachers were going into school there would be an organisation behind it (like Junior Achievement does for money management classes). They won't have been selected at random from the entrants to the Drag category of the Guild. So why isn't that organisation defending itself? It's not like drag queens are shrinking violets. 

And what's so wrong about shrinking violets. you anthophobic bigot! You need to educate yourself or you'll get cancelled.

Just now, Stu Peters said:

And what's so wrong about shrinking violets. you anthophobic bigot! You need to educate yourself or you'll get cancelled.

They never said that there was. Like many things, some people are and some people aren’t. 

And sometimes those will give someone something they think they want to be angry about. 

59 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Why?

well at least then mhk's and head teachers will be able to see exactly what has been said and done in class and tell the public should the need arise., it may also help with class discipline and when angry parents aren't happy about their childs expulsion from a lesson they can be shown why.    police body cams cut down the abuse they get from mouthy tossers , it could work in schools too.  what's the down side ?

32 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

They never said that there was. Like many things, some people are and some people aren’t. 

And sometimes those will give someone something they think they want to be angry about. 

I was kidding AC. I should have known better, it always ends in trouble.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Perhaps the "drag queen" was in fact a youth worker who is trained and accustomed to dispensing sexual advice who just happens to dress in drag as a hobby in their own time and some religious zealots have conflated the two in a display of petulance because their version of god bothering isn't allowed in schools.

Unfortunately the god botherers get regular almost unrestricted access

20 minutes ago, WTF said:

well at least then mhk's and head teachers will be able to see exactly what has been said and done in class and tell the public should the need arise., it may also help with class discipline and when angry parents aren't happy about their childs expulsion from a lesson they can be shown why.    police body cams cut down the abuse they get from mouthy tossers , it could work in schools too.  what's the down side ?

Equally unruly children could be threatened with a trip to the drag queen if they don’t behave.

3 hours ago, The Bastard said:

Quite right, the facts are very blurred and it's being used for right-wing media hysteria. Nobody seems to be sure of who was there, what was said, or the context of what was going on, just amplified right-wing commentary on it.

A few months ago we had people swearing blind that there were kids identifying as cats and peeing in litter trays all over the island, even stating that their own kids had seen it going on. Of course, that was a complete fabrication based on a right-wing media panic in the USA and there was no evidence of it ever happening on the IOM, but the local FB groups are still full of gammons grumbling about it. They never let the facts get in the way of a good witch hunt.

By the time the story got to GB NEWS the lesson was being given by a drag stripper.

Let's wait for the facts.

Remember this?

The Legz Akimbo Theatre Company - whose motto is 'Put yourself in a child' - arrive in town to perform a play at the local school, about homosexuality aimed at 9 to 12-year-olds.

When I watch the news these days I am often struck by how similar it is to The Day Today. But stepping into the realm of Royston Vasey is a bit much.

Edited by TheTeapot

13 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Would you be uncomfortable with Islamic preachers having access to our schools, or would that come under diversity and inclusivity ?

Religion, any religion, should be kept out of schools. The should be no schools run by religious organisations.

Its for churches, temples, chapels, mosques, synagogues, mandirs, kovils, meeting houses, gurdwharas, viharas, pagodas, haidens, etc and their associated Friday/Saturday/Sunday, etc., schools to provide religious education outside normal full time school hours and curriculum. And they should be regulated and inspected.

Im all in favour of teaching about different cultures, religious identities, as well as sex, gender, health, home economics and finance management, and how to deal with official forms in mainstream education, as well as academic and practical subjects.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

By the time the story got to GB NEWS the lesson was being given by a drag stripper.

Let's wait for the facts.

You won't get the facts now. The Department has already dug a six foot hole, and after an 'independent' (By whom ?) investigation they'll bury it and 'lessons will have been learned'. Note that nothing has been denied and there has just been deflection and the usual chaff. They've already treated genuine parents concern as speculation and rumour. I'd be very offended if it was my child. Many of us know what's been going on with the teaching of sex education in recent years and the shift to a woke and diverse agenda. We're not God botherers and we're not stupid.   

Edited by Shake me up Judy

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Religion, any religion, should be kept out of schools. The should be no schools run by religious organisations.

Its for churches, temples, chapels, mosques, synagogues, mandirs, kovils, meeting houses, gurdwharas, viharas, pagodas, haidens, etc and their associated Friday/Saturday/Sunday, etc., schools to provide religious education outside normal full time school hours and curriculum. And they should be regulated and inspected.

Im all in favour of teaching about different cultures, religious identities, as well as sex, gender, health, home economics and finance management, and how to deal with official forms in mainstream education, as well as academic and practical subjects.

And if religion is within schools, you'd like to think that they'd actually have a Vicar for Christianity or Iman/Mullah for Islam etc.  Actual qualified registered official representatives of a bonafide society (even if it is imaginary).  

Rather than a dude who likes to wear a dress making shit up based upon their feelings.  

• Like 1