Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So, if it all goes wrong it is down to the person accompanying the visitor?  They should know when to jump in and stop inappropriate material?

I don’t know.  ‘Expert’ visitor is brought into school.  Teacher sits in class with ‘expert’.  Does said teacher challenge ‘expert’?  Not quite as black and white as it might seem.

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

But this is Manx Forums. He is posting as a member, a private individual, as do I. I’m not subject to scrutiny on here. At least I hope not!

You can't be Jekyll and Hyde as an elected representative. The public have repeatedly demonstrably shown that for many years since the birth of social media. They expect politicians to have one view on a subject, not both a public and private view. The list of politicians having both and being discovered and sacked for it is long.

Google picks up all kinds of posts on MF and effectively plonks them straight back into the public domain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well it seems to me the whole thing was ill  advised.

We don’t know the minutiae of what happened but it does seem incontrovertible that a drag queen attended the school to read the children a story.

FFS why?

Is it incontrovertible? Was a drag queen there and, if do, what were they doing reading a story or giving sex education lessons? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

We don’t know the minutiae of what happened but it does seem incontrovertible that a drag queen attended the school to read the children a story.

FFS why?

But we don't know that...

I haven't seen anyone else post that the drag queen was there to read a story. 

Everything I have seen, which I can only class as hearsay, has stated the drag queen was there as part of a PSE lesson.

Well it seems to me the whole thing was ill  advised.

FFS why?

The stories thing was a series of library events wasn’t it? Not what was allegedly taking place in the school here.

1 minute ago, Meoir Shee said:

I don’t know.  ‘Expert’ visitor is brought into school.  Teacher sits in class with ‘expert’.  Does said teacher challenge ‘expert’?  Not quite as black and white as it might seem.

Well they should challenge if it looks like a safeguarding issue is coming down the line, or why else are they there?

What about the teacher who told the class to ignore them while they delivered what they thought was an inappropriate lesson?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

You can't be Jekyll and Hyde as an elected representative. The public have repeatedly demonstrably shown that for many years since the birth of social media. They expect politicians to have one view on a subject, not both a public and private view. The list of politicians having both and being discovered and sacked for it is long.

Google picks up all kinds of posts on MF and effectively plonks them straight back into the public domain.

But he’s not being Jekyll and Hyde. He’s not given contrary views on here that he has as an MHK,. He has been consistent, although presenting those views,  maybe in a different style in Tynwald as he does on here as it demands.

6 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

The stories thing was a series of library events wasn’t it? Not what was allegedly taking place in the school here.

Well I think it’s been well accepted that a drag queen read stories to children within the confines of the QE2 school. Not just an allegation.

”A series of library events” - what does that mean?

Is he/ she going to pop up at other libraries around the Island?

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But he’s not being Jekyll and Hyde. He’s not given contrary views on here that he has as an MHK,. He has been consistent, although presenting those views,  maybe in a different style in Tynwald as he does on here as it demands.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. He's dropped a couple of bloopers on here IMO. But hopefully learned something. 

Anyway, this debate isn't about him.

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Regardless of his views on here, he stood quite clearly as an anti-woke candidate and that what he was voted in on. QE2 has kids from Crosby so this is not only his main election issue but a constituency one anyway £70k can't be sniffed at best keep his head down...

Well I think it’s been well accepted that a drag queen read stories to children within the confines of the QE2 school. Not just an allegation.

”A series of library events” - what does that mean?

Is he/ she going to pop up at other libraries around the Island?

The library story was in the UK not the Island...

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

They weren't reading a story, it wasn't an English Lesson. It seems to be a lesson on gender with a teacher present, whether the teacher lead the session or the guest it's not clear.