Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Yes.  Although not admittedly actors or bus drivers, we definitely had 'career day' type events.  They were generally interesting jobs though, like pilots, army, archeologists etc. 

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

When I was at school they often had theatre groups in to talk about, well, theatre, industry professionals to talk about whatever industry they were part of, and the army in to talk about how to sign up to murder foreign kids.

To talk about career choices - yes.

But is either of you suggesting that the school invited a drag queen in to discuss dressing up as a woman in order to entertain others as a potential career choice? 

Seems unlikely to me that that was what was being suggested in the FB post mentioned by hissingsid

1 minute ago, Ghost Ship said:

But is either of you suggesting that the school invited a drag queen in to discuss dressing up as a woman in order to entertain others as a potential career choice? 

Seems unlikely to me that that was what was being suggested in the FB post mentioned by hissingsid

Did that happen though? I could see them potentially inviting an appropriate member of the LGBT community to talk about LGBT issues, as does happen, but I don't think they're likely to have invited a drag queen to talk about careers.

For what it's worth, I know a parent of a Year 7 QE2 student. Their child said "I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention" when asked about the content of that class. Which suggests it probably wasn't a drag queen teaching kids to fist each other, because you'd probably pay attention to that.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I can understand why the school wouldn’t want to make an announcement about a particular child. There are privacy issues to address too. Even if the parents are vocal on Facebook. 

I wasn't suggesting that the school says anything about a particular child, I was suggesting the same as I said yesterday:

"No child has been expelled from class by a drag queen.

That appears to have been confirmed by a parent speaking to GB News and such a statement doesn't identify any particular child.

An immediate denial that something that was alleged to have happened didn't happen.

I don't see a problem with that.

16 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Did that happen though? I could see them potentially inviting an appropriate member of the LGBT community to talk about LGBT issues, as does happen, but I don't think they're likely to have invited a drag queen to talk about careers.

For what it's worth, I know a parent of a Year 7 QE2 student. Their child said "I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention" when asked about the content of that class. Which suggests it probably wasn't a drag queen teaching kids to fist each other, because you'd probably pay attention to that.

I don't disagree with you about that.  As I posted yesterday:  "I'm assuming that no "drag queen" was involved because I can't see any good reason for one being in a classroom talking to 12 year olds about gender identity,... "

I could understand a trans person talking about gender identity and I suspect what's happened is that - as you say - some kid not paying attention reported to his parents something like "Some bloke in a dress spoke to us about gender" and this became a "drag queen".

In any case, my post that you quoted was responding to hissingsid's comment regarding a FB post which seemed to suggest that a drag queen might have been invited into school, but not to talk about sex or gender.  My question is why would a drag queen be invited into school to talk to pupils at all?  Why not just invite any random person in off the street?  Or a magician, or ventriloquist, or trapeze artist, or actor or bus driver?  

Edited by Ghost Ship
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

I My question is why would a drag queen be invited into school to talk to pupils at all?  

Perhaps as I've mentioned earlier, the drag queen was in fact a youth worker trained and accustomed to providing sexual guidance to teenagers and not in drag at all.

Perhaps some subsequent face-stalking revealed to the karens involved that said youth worker did some drag queening in their spare time and are using this as some form of attack because their flavour of god bothering isn't allowed in schools.

On the other hand it could've easily been Julian Clary showing everyone how to fist Fanny the wonder dog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I don't remember having had sex lessons at school, bike shed yes but as a lesson? No.

Now I don't know who I am, where I'm at or what I am???

Can I sue someone???

Couldn't we just stick to Taxis? Does this affect Taxi drivers? I usually pour scorn on them, black fishnets and white high heels? You look like Minnie Mouse Son!!!!

• Haha 3

Seriously, would an invited speaker be allowed control of the classroom? Doubt it? so if a Kid was sent out it would have been a teacher deciding that they were a disruptive force to the flow of the lesson???

• Like 3

Well all the supposition will be quelled soon when the investigation is concluded hopefully sooner rather than later by the ex copper and the lawyer.   I do hope a full and transparent report will be made to the public not just a brief statement saying that the matter has been investigated and there was found to be no serious shortcomings and lessons will be learned or some similar clap trap.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Declan said:

Meanwhile, every dodgy news outlet is digging up a new angle...

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/father-concerned-school-sex-education/?fbclid=IwAR23pNycQinbtTn9OCQlj4omQq3YpMeFJDr4LfBKG6rEXaVHcJ1ytCUA2Wo

This looks like it is after they paused sex ed teaching.

Dear oh dear.  The investigation had better be quick.