Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

4 hours ago, wrighty said:

You’re probably right, it’s just how I imagine you from your posting style on here. 

It’s funny how you form an opinion on here about co contributors based on their posting style and content. Plus of course any snippets of personal information that you pick up on. The chosen avatar might also influence your perception.

Take Declan for example. From what I have gathered over the years he lives down south, takes the bus and has a keen interest in music. I imagine he looks like Mark E Smith because of his avatar but he may be nothing like.

His contributions are normally well considered, thoughtful and often humorous. But on occasion he will slip into, what seems to me, to be overly woke mode.

I don’t know how accurate an assessment that is.

• Thanks 1

I have no time for god botherers in general and if they call at my house they get short shrift but to start blaming any of them for the situation at Peel School is a new low.    Whatever went on, and we are still in the dark about this, it is up to the Department of Education and the Head Mistress to ensure children are in a safe environment whilst in their care it is called safe guarding.    Whoever complained is irreverent there should not have been a situation to warrant complaints from anyone.    The conclusions of the two investigators should be interesting to say the least and I do hope there is no attempt to white wash or water down the facts.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I have no time for god botherers in general and if they call at my house they get short shrift but to start blaming any of them for the situation at Peel School is a new low.    Whatever went on, and we are still in the dark about this, it is up to the Department of Education and the Head Mistress to ensure children are in a safe environment whilst in their care it is called safe guarding.    Whoever complained is irreverent there should not have been a situation to warrant complaints from anyone.    The conclusions of the two investigators should be interesting to say the least and I do hope there is no attempt to white wash or water down the facts.

I think the implication is, not much actually went on and the complaint was made with an agenda. 

I can't get my head round how long the DoE is dragging this out for.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes but I wasn’t there for that!

Its not a dignified look for a woman (or a man)  to be on all fours shaking their ass.

Well maybe it is now but thirty years ago it certainly wasn’t 

So 30 years ago you took a man from behind, hope he agreed 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes but I wasn’t there for that!

Its not a dignified look for a woman (or a man)  to be on all fours shaking their ass.

Well maybe it is now but thirty years ago it certainly wasn’t 

Do you think anything about childbirth is dignified? 

I assume you were sat in the waiting room, smoking a cigarette, when your wife gave birth?

17 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Do you think anything about childbirth is dignified? 

I assume you were sat in the waiting room, smoking a cigarette, when your wife gave birth?

There's a man in the pub while his wife is giving birth, his mates encourage him to give the hospital a call.

"Hi, is there any update?"
"All going well - 1 baby so far"

He relays the message to his friends and they all cheer. A few beers later, they get him to phone the hospital again
"How are my wife and baby?"
"It's wife and 2 babies now! All happy and healthy"

He lets friends know and they all cheer. Another few beers, he phones the hospital again.
"How many are there now?"
"3 babies and mother! All well."

He relays the message and his friends cheer. They have quite a few more beers - understandable given the circumstances. They get him to phone the hospital again, but he misdials the cricket club.

"What's the situation?"
"99 all out. The last 4 were ducks."

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hoops said:

I think the implication is, not much actually went on and the complaint was made with an agenda. 

I can't get my head round how long the DoE is dragging this out for.

If that's true or that's not, who knows . I'll tell you now that there's something being written about how the DOE investigate any complaint in a school . This one involves two separate students and how they gather statements off other students and then treat witnesses reports differently to get the end result they want . They treat student witness reports as fact in cases to get a desired result then refute student statements as not evidence enough when it's results impact them.  

Absolutely no way any DOE investigation can be deemed fair in this case if that's what's actually happening.  Albeit this was a Douglas school not QE2 and the Sex Ed drama . 

From a outsider prospective I don't think it's as bad as its being portrayed and as a parent wouldn't concern me too much , but I'm just interested in there being a fair investigation,  not some internal nonsense which is flawed.

In the Daily Mail today:

The parents who fear their 11-year-olds will be scarred for life by the graphic sex education lessons that no one warned them about... and the drag queen who told pupils there are 73 genders wasn't the worst of it

Alfie had dared to challenge the view of the visitor, a local drag queen, who told his class in a sex education lesson overseen by a male teacher that human beings have 73 genders.

‘I said there were only two genders,’ Alfie said. ‘The teacher said I had upset the guest and I was told to leave the classroom, then threatened with isolation.’ His astounded father and mother complained immediately to the school, saying their son was being unfairly punished for politely expressing his opinion.

So, basically, the school's teaching is that the state's view of the parents is the correct one and the child's view is wrong.

In other words they deliberately undermined the boy's  relationship with his Mum and Dad and, by default, their authority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cronky said:

In the Daily Mail today:

The parents who fear their 11-year-olds will be scarred for life by the graphic sex education lessons that no one warned them about... and the drag queen who told pupils there are 73 genders wasn't the worst of it

So, basically, the school's teaching is that the state's view of the parents is the correct one and the child's view is wrong.

In other words they deliberately undermined the boy's  relationship with his Mum and Dad and, by default, their authority.

No, the difference between gender and sex should have been explained, wouldn't that be the point of the lesson and how the notion of 73 genders came up,  possibly?  If the lad was being rude and  offensive to the drag queen (if it was a drag queen and not a transgender person) instead of listening to the explanation,  then he may well have been removed.  

As is always the issue with this, we do not know the facts.  But never mind, Mum is 'attractive and articulate' so it must be true.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

In the Daily Mail today:

A few things from that article...

1. This happened in September but its only now that things have kicked off?

2. The parent remains anonymous but releases the child's first name?  Doesn't sound like the parents care much for the child's anonymity. 

3. If hundreds of children are telling identical stories about PSHE classes then surely the content of these courses would be easy to confirm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

A few things from that article...

1. This happened in September but its only now that things have kicked off?

2. The parent remains anonymous but releases the child's first name?  Doesn't sound like the parents care much for the child's anonymity. 

3. If hundreds of children are telling identical stories about PSHE classes then surely the content of these courses would be easy to confirm.

Yes, I wonder how many 11 year Alfies are at QEII. 

• Like 1