Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

Today I learnt of the term 'Cishet privilege'. Apparently one should feel guilty for not being a gay transsexual.

I think I should just stick to watching the fucking football (there was some football yesterday for those who may not have heard)

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Today I learnt of the term 'Cishet privilege'. Apparently one should feel guilty for not being a gay transsexual.

I think I should just stick to watching the fucking football (there was some football yesterday for those who may not have heard)

I do find it amusing that they use terms like this as an attempt to shame and insult people who have no desire to play their delusional games. Playground level bullying. 

Just the modern version of the Oozlum bird. They will scream names and point in ever decreasing circles best just to ignore them, they are after all just a very noisy very small minority trying to feel special. So a tantrum basically.    

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Privilege isn't about feeling guilt, it's about having context for other people's struggles. Do you feel the same way about "white privilege"? You do seem to have a fairly uncharacteristic bee in your bonnet.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It really just means “think a bit before being a dick”. 

There are a lot of people who would benefit from that philosophy 

24 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He was kidnapped by the Turkish mafia, destined to live out the rest of his life surrounded by jousters and fed only donner kebab.  He'll be loving it!

More likely to have been hired by Erdogan to further enhance that Countries Human Rights abuses???

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AOR said:

maduncleronnie was silenced for his somewhat excellent observations and views.

I think he (or she, or they, whatever their preference) was a genuine comedy account. There was an attempt at a copy, but it was not so good. I don’t think the dirty jousters got him banned, but I could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

That's not what it means. When someone says that it references the fact that YOU as a cis male are not being discriminated against for being cisgendered. Meaning, you can go about your every day life, as yourself, with no worry of anyone making discriminatory comments at you based on that. As opposed to trans people, who have to deal with discrimination on a daily basis. It isn't about guilt, nor should you feel guilty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

I do find it amusing that they use terms like this as an attempt to shame and insult people who have no desire to play their delusional games. Playground level bullying. 

Just the modern version of the Oozlum bird. They will scream names and point in ever decreasing circles best just to ignore them, they are after all just a very noisy very small minority trying to feel special. So a tantrum basically.    

That isn't what it means, it isn't about playground bullying. And you just did the exact same thing you are accusing the opposing side of doing so, yeah. If that's what you think, then you are an idiot. See the response to Teapot above for it's meaning.

Edited by Chie
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lurking said:

No that’s totally untrue. Uncle Ronnie still lurks here. The idiot who got the second account banned went in a right flounce about it being a copy cat account when it wasn’t. Ronnie simply forget his login on the original account and several forum users made up a false story to get the second account banned even though it was genuine. One idiot even sent a PM saying that the real Ronnie was dead. He isn’t. But he gave up trying to come back onto the forum as some of the members seem to take themselves far too seriously. 

That is a very serious post about a comedy account.  Tell him we would love to see him back and send our best wishes to Sharon. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1