Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

32 minutes ago, Lurking said:

No that’s totally untrue. Uncle Ronnie still lurks here. The idiot who got the second account banned went in a right flounce about it being a copy cat account when it wasn’t. Ronnie simply forget his login on the original account and several forum users made up a false story to get the second account banned even though it was genuine. One idiot even sent a PM saying that the real Ronnie was dead. He isn’t. But he gave up trying to come back onto the forum as some of the members seem to take themselves far too seriously. 

Except Ronnie was banned in late 2016.

He came back, with a near identical name, immediately, which was banned, not because it was a copy cat account, but because he was banned. Think that account only made three posts.

He made a third appearance in autumn 2020. Was banned because of the language he used.

17 minutes ago, Lurking said:

Talk of clowns pockets and jousters too much now eh? 😂 so now you’re saying you banned an account a lot of people enjoyed three times because of general forum killjoys? But there were equally accusations of the last two being parodies which they most certainly weren’t. Maybe the mods just lost their sense of humour?  No wonder he isn’t coming back. Ronnie would love to be the first anti woke victim of MF. 

😂

I didn’t issue the bans.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

That is a very serious post about a comedy account.  Tell him we would love to see him back and send our best wishes to Sharon. 

I for  one would rather not see him back. Not because of any perception that he was anti homosexual but he was simply not funny. A one trick pony who exhausted any comedic value he may have had within the space of a few posts.

48 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Except Ronnie was banned in late 2016.

He came back, with a near identical name, immediately, which was banned, not because it was a copy cat account, but because he was banned. Think that account only made three posts.

He made a third appearance in autumn 2020. Was banned because of the language he used.

Have you still got access to the mod log then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2023 at 5:50 PM, potiron said:

I understand that in todays society,we are normalising stupidty more and more everyday

A cautionary tale.

We have some friends who have a daughter. Not a racist bone in her body. She would challenge in an intelligent way any one making a racist remark. Lovely girl.

Along comes the Black Lives Matter organisation  ( “BLM”). She  gets right into this. Buys the T shirts, wears the badges, “takes the knee” on the prom and puts up the posters in her bedroom.

Fair enough but then almost overnight became  totally obnoxious, introducing race, white privilege etc into every conversation, shouting about colonialism, slavery etc when people around her are just having normal conversations.

Fortunately she has calmed down of late and seems to be reverting to her old self still very much against racism.

I hope we’re not going to see parallels with this trans issue. Most people just are happy for everyone to just get on with their lives. Yes discrimination in any form is wrong.
It’s how you deal with it

3 hours ago, Chie said:

That isn't what it means, it isn't about playground bullying. And you just did the exact same thing you are accusing the opposing side of doing so, yeah. If that's what you think, then you are an idiot. See the response to Teapot above for it's meaning.

Made up words or names that mean nothing to me. Now an idiot I do recognise and it doesn't seem very tolerant or kind to start calling someone names because they don't want to play your game. If I were to call you piflmonger would it be a compliment or an insult?  Or a snorbadlag? 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I hope we’re not going to see parallels with this trans issue. Most people just are happy for everyone to just get on with their lives. Yes discrimination in any form is wrong.
It’s how you deal with it

That’s a minority of us on the far left. If you met me in person, I’m a very chilled individual who will treat you in a respectful manner, as are most of my friends. There is a difference through between what you described above and simply challenging BS whenever we see it. Like, if we ever met, and then you came out with some nonsense remark that has all the makings of “according to some bloke down the pub”. I’m gonna challenge it and we gonna have a conversation. But, most of us won’t be up in your face about it. As Iv stated before, we are portrayed that way by the media due to the fact that said minority of people are what will sell news. It inevitably then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy once you buy into that rhetoric, when a trans person challenged something and you instantly go “THEY WERE RIGHT ITS THE WOKES”. Most of us are chilled and just wana get on with life.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Made up words or names that mean nothing to me. Now an idiot I do recognise and it doesn't seem very tolerant or kind to start calling someone names because they don't want to play your game. If I were to call you piflmonger would it be a compliment or an insult?  Or a snorbadlag? 

Cis isn’t a made up word, it’s Latin. Cis basically means “this side of” and Trans means “that side of”. And, if you are going to come in with dumb ass comment, with the express intention of being insulting, rather than maybe trying to understand so you can approach this from an informed position, what is it you are expecting here? Do you want me to roll out the tea trolley and provide cake?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Every word is made up.

• Haha 3

Just now, Chie said:

Cis isn’t a made up word, it’s Latin. Cis basically means “this side of” and Trans means “that side of”. And, if you are going to come in with dumb ass comment, with the express intention of being insulting, rather than maybe trying to understand so you can approach this from an informed position, what is it you are expecting here? Do you want me to roll out the tea trolley and provide cake?

How was I insulting? I don't think I called you an idiot or any other derogatory term. I'm afraid I didn't get taught latin so is that why you called me an idiot? That doesn't seem very nice.
Am I not allowed to use new words too? Or is it only the authorised ones? Guess I didn't go to the right school. Maybe not as priveleged as am assumed to be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CallMeCurious said:

Doesn't mean I have to use them though.

Nobody is forcing you to use any words. You might receive some pushback/weird looks if you use the wrong words though. Like calling a trans woman "he". Or calling a tractor a dog.