Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

18 minutes ago, Lurking said:

Talk of clowns pockets and jousters too much now eh? 😂 so now you’re saying you banned an account a lot of people enjoyed three times because of general forum killjoys? But there were equally accusations of the last two being parodies which they most certainly weren’t. Maybe the mods just lost their sense of humour?  No wonder he isn’t coming back. Ronnie would love to be the first anti woke victim of MF. 

😂

I didn’t issue the bans.

On 3/5/2023 at 12:48 PM, John Wright said:

One of the reasons for wide ranging compulsory social education that includes sex, gender, sexuality, diversity inclusion, plus respect and consent, from an early age, is to try and stop families teaching narrow minded and bigoted attitudes and society ending up with racist, misogynistic, homophobic adults.

It’s not always successful.

Sea Terminal 5 March 2023

C79E060C-F7AB-4B4A-9D10-0BF5C5F548BF.jpeg

I Get that. As moronic as taking a 'decapitate terfs' placard to a demonstration. I said balance. 

I got this weekends Telegraph, for the first time in my life, because I reckon it will be more revealing, and cheaper, then any Covid enquiry.

Anyway, there was an interview with a trans clinical psychologist and transistioner called Dr Erica Anderson, who has called out the over-diagnosis of children as being transgender,  calling for a more holistic approach with counselling at the fore,  "It was not 'here's an outline of how we're going to evaluate your child'. It was like, 'here's what we do with hormones.'" They talk about kids seeking gender 'affirmation' having other disorders, such as autism, PTSD, bipolar, depression and anxiety.

They talk about the huge rate of increase in girls presenting with gender issues, how it isn't understood, their theory being 'the pandemic pushed children online more intensively, causing a major upswing in gender confusion; trans influencers on Tik Tok and YouTube became more powerful, telling girls feeling anxious about puberty that they are in the "wrong body", and extolling the virtues of breast binding and testosterone..............girls are more susceptible to social influence.' And now Tik Tok is introducing a new filter to make people's face's perfect - it's no wonder body dysphoria is on the rise, the pressure to be 'perfect' is unsustainable.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

A cautionary tale.

We have some friends who have a daughter. Not a racist bone in her body. She would challenge in an intelligent way any one making a racist remark. Lovely girl.

Along comes the Black Lives Matter organisation  ( “BLM”). She  gets right into this. Buys the T shirts, wears the badges, “takes the knee” on the prom and puts up the posters in her bedroom.

Fair enough but then almost overnight became  totally obnoxious, introducing race, white privilege etc into every conversation, shouting about colonialism, slavery etc when people around her are just having normal conversations.

Fortunately she has calmed down of late and seems to be reverting to her old self still very much against racism.

I hope we’re not going to see parallels with this trans issue. Most people just are happy for everyone to just get on with their lives. Yes discrimination in any form is wrong.
It’s how you deal with it

Your second paragraph says alot ther .. she is clearly an idiot if shes buying into that racist BLM movement . A movement which supports racism towards all people who arent black. Born out of people with an inferiority complex and a chip on ther shoulder ,who dont want change .. its bred into the fools of todays snowflake world .. ill bet shes a member of the green party too and walks around with a rainbow flag . Ironicly the same the same problems there with the racism are carried along by these rainbow warriors.. same issues , same deluded people , just a diffrent spin.. thers nothing wrong with being a tranny, a fudge packer or a rug muncher .. its your own business .. just dont try and force your own crazy beliefs on other people . Or try brainwashing kids into it. Because thats wrong , very wrong

39 minutes ago, potiron said:

Your second paragraph says alot ther .. she is clearly an idiot if shes buying into that racist BLM movement . A movement which supports racism towards all people who arent black. Born out of people with an inferiority complex and a chip on ther shoulder ,who dont want change .. its bred into the fools of todays snowflake world .. ill bet shes a member of the green party too and walks around with a rainbow flag . Ironicly the same the same problems there with the racism are carried along by these rainbow warriors.. same issues , same deluded people , just a diffrent spin.. thers nothing wrong with being a tranny, a fudge packer or a rug muncher .. its your own business .. just dont try and force your own crazy beliefs on other people . Or try brainwashing kids into it. Because thats wrong , very wrong

If you can’t get your head around a systemic bias, maybe that says more about you than anyone else.

Plus, a kid isn’t going to turn gay or trans just from knowing gay people exist. It doesn’t work that way. Many kids know they’re different from a young age, they just don’t have the language for it. 

Or are you so fragile in your own identity that you think you could be swayed, and thus, everyone else must be that malleable too?

• Like 4

Not at all . I just dont believe grooming kids in schools at an impressionable age is ok.. which is why iv given my child permission to covertly record any such perverted classes on his phone  ,should another situation arise . So us concearned parents can take further action . Weather it be police or media

Edited by potiron
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, potiron said:

Not at all . I just dont believe grooming kids in schools at an impressionable age is ok.. which is why iv given my child permission to covertly record any such perverted classes on his phone  ,should another situation arise . So us concearned parents can take further action . Weather it be police or media

Grooming?

1 minute ago, potiron said:

Here’s the link to all the curriculum. You’ll need to scroll down to get to the files for each year group.

Which bits are so “concearning”?

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/departments/education-sport-and-culture/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, potiron said:

No one is “grooming” kids into being trans. Trans kids already existed, but were previously unable to really explore themselves, due to past societal attitudes.

Isn’t grooming exactly what you are doing tho?, by teaching your child that these classes are “perverted” and to “record” them? Aren’t you in fact, grooming your child into a very specific and harmful narrative on the subject?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, potiron said:

Spell check a racist.

• Haha 1