Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

5 hours ago, HeliX said:

You certainly can, but the post specifically said "BLM movement" so...

Well, the capitalisation suggests a link to the 'mother' organisation.  POC IOM moved away from the name petty quickly. Unlike most of the internet warriors and banner waving people who might condemn me, I've stood with black mates and taken on the racists physically. I would do again. I wouldn't kneel or pay fealty to anyone pushing division.

So there 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

Well, the capitalisation suggests a link to the 'mother' organisation. 

Clutching at straws a bit on someone else's behalf? It's capitalised because it's an acronym. It literally says the movement specifically, not the organisation.

51 minutes ago, Catrisk said:

Those quotes are interesting it’s funny how when interviewed the 11 year old says almost exactly the same thing as the mum did. And Fila trainers. Defo a proper chav. Looks like the interview was in Crosby Costa anyone there at the time?

Edited by SuperHans
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Catrisk said:

As ever you should read the end of the article first:

But one drag queen, who asked not to be named, told MailOnline: ‘It’s a small community of draq queens no more than six or seven and we all know each other and this has caused a lot of problems.

‘It’s put the relationship we had with the island back ten years and it’s all because this didn’t happen as was described. There was no drag queen at the school, that’s it.

‘All the drag queens on the island know each other and if it had been one of us, we would have know it, we would have talked about it and we would have known but no one knows anything.

‘It’s a unicorn, it didn’t happen and it’s having a detrimental effect on the LGBT + community on the island. If you ask me there is an agenda going on and hopefully the review will show that it wasn’t as people have been talking about.

‘People just want to demonise drag queens and say that we are impacting on young children and someone is capitalising parents fear and we are caught in it.’

Charlotte Clarke, head of Queen Elizabeth II High School, said: ‘Having viewed a video which is currently circulating on social media relating to the school’s RSE curriculum and its delivery, we are concerned that there could be a number of inaccuracies with the information being shared.

‘Given the concerns being raised, and in order to be open and transparent, we requested an independent review into the situation. As such I am happy to take part in the independent review which is being deployed by the Department of Education, Sport and Culture and would encourage our community to avoid speculation at this time.’

But of course these 'journalists' know that most of their target audience just read the headline and best the first few paragraphs and then get terribly indignant about things that don't have the slightest connection with reality.

One of the mistakes people make about such stories is that they think "There's no smoke without fire", but of course there often is and the same applies to this sort of 'news' , people are capable of making it up from nothing or copying something they have read elsewhere (which itself may be confected).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The end of the article doesn't really help much though. For example:

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

this didn’t happen as was described.

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

there could be a number of inaccuracies with the information being shared

don't clarify anything.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

The end of the article doesn't really help much though. For example:

don't clarify anything.

No it’s fairly clear that just about everyone in the DESC and the drag community says most of the things alleged didn’t happen. I’d be putting money on the parents being some form of religious nut jobs. The interview with the kid does sound a bit weird too like they’ve been coached by the parent to parrot their views.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Catrisk said:

..fairly clear.....most of the things alleged didn’t happen.

Better, but still a bit vague. Most being more than half.
Could someone please say "a drag queen did not give sex lessons" or "a wooden dildo was not used for a girl to put a condom on in front of boys"

etc.

I appreciate that an independent report of what happened is to be produced, but reacting to these allegations with vagueness doesn't help.

I'll sooner put money on it and say  "most of the things alleged did happen". But we'll see. I am happy to be corrected if wrong.

Edited by Barlow
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Barlow said:

I'll sooner put money on it and say  "most of the things alleged did happen". But we'll see. I am happy to be corrected if wrong.

The more people you speak to this on this the more it’s clear that this is down to a few church nutters who have made a load of nonsense up to attract attention to themselves. They just seem to have tuned into the current zeitgeist of the Daily Hate and LBC. 

• Haha 1