Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

24 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Better, but still a bit vague. Most being more than half.
Could someone please say "a drag queen did not give sex lessons" or "a wooden dildo was not used for a girl to put a condom on in front of boys"

etc.

I don't mean this about you but I'd think someone would have to be a bit dense or naive to think that a drag queen was giving sex education lessons in the sense of discussing sex.  If the island had no curriculum and just made it up as they went along then it would still not make sense.

Even the idea of a drag queen going in to a school to talk about gender would be very odd because although people who dressee in 'drag' may have something to say about gender, to do so in their capacity of being a drag queen would be very strange, or rather funny considering how ridiculous that sounds.  

You might have someone who performs as a drag queen, yet also dresses in 'drag' or the non-typical men's clothing who has experience to talk about gender. But I don't know if this happened.  Suffice to say, the idea of a drag queen giving sex ed just sounds like complete bollocks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

I don't mean this about you but I'd think someone would have to be a bit dense or naive to think that a drag queen was giving sex education lessons in the sense of discussing sex.  If the island had no curriculum and just made it up as they went along then it would still not make sense.

Even the idea of a drag queen going in to a school to talk about gender would be very odd because although people who dressee in 'drag' may have something to say about gender, to do so in their capacity of being a drag queen would be very strange, or rather funny considering how ridiculous that sounds.  

You might have someone who performs as a drag queen, yet also dresses in 'drag' or the non-typical men's clothing who has experience to talk about gender. But I don't know if this happened.  Suffice to say, the idea of a drag queen giving sex ed just sounds like complete bollocks.

Not if you are of the anti-woke persuasion.

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Do you think it is possible to be both woke and anti-woke at the same time?

Yep, most people don't understand its a spectrum.  There are 73 degrees of woke.  I put myself on the 'oh shit, I've overslept' end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

And it’s being discussed on TalkTV this afternoon. I think you will find this story will run and run, or develop a mind of its own. 

Of course it will, without a robust and fulsome reply from IOMG, and quick.  But they are used to dealing with local press and local concerns, not the UK press who don't actually take kindly to, or ignore,  admonitions of 'do not speculate'. 

How nobody saw this for the PR disaster it has become is astonishing just when we are trying to increase the population.  Meanwhile,  it would seem the Fast Show has oodles more material if it was still about. 

14 minutes ago, 2112 said:

And it’s being discussed on TalkTV this afternoon. I think you will find this story will run and run, or develop a mind of its own. 

It had a mind of its own from the second it was mostly invented to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Do you think it is possible to be both woke and anti-woke at the same time?

Yes. As with gender, wokeness is fluid and somewhat undefined.