Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

On 3/14/2023 at 7:04 AM, Thomas Dalby said:

I have no idea why the headteacher at QEll wasn’t able to ask the teacher in charge

Unions, HR & PR? Blame storming and trying deflection onto concerned parents 'bigotry'? 

Besides I thought the 'teacher in charge' was the headmaster?

Human nature abhors a vacuum so in light of the overt secrecy people will speculate. Did they learn nothing from Covid?

This smacks of something untoward happening (might only have a been a one off quite minor off script moment) and getting exposed and now they are trying to deliver the turd in fancy wrapping paper with a bow on it so we'll start playing pass the parcel.

• Thanks 1

TBF,  it is only the ToRs that are being kept confidential to 'avoid prejudice'.  It is not clear if this is to avoid general anti-gender equality prejudice or to avoid prejudicing the investigation.  

Either way, given the publicity this is hardly going to quell the speculation they are so keen to avoid. 

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The Manx Govt has buried more bones than a butcher's dog. Nothing to see here, move on, lessons learned, etc...

Leaving only rumours and resentment towards the trans communities. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

TBF,  it is only the ToRs that are being kept confidential to 'avoid prejudice'.  It is not clear if this is to avoid general anti-gender equality prejudice or to avoid prejudicing the investigation.  

Either way, given the publicity this is hardly going to quell the speculation they are so keen to avoid. 

Indeed. In the absence of even a denial of the alleged drag queen episode what are folk to conclude? IOMG are doing themselves and the wider Island no favours at all. It's not even engaged in a damage limitation exercise. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Has there been resentment towards the Trans community? I haven't seen anything untoward, only people asking what is being taught to children and is it appropriate 

Lots of comments of “men are men and wimmin are wimmin, the rest are mentally ill” and along those lines on various local Facebook pages etc. 

9 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Has there been resentment towards the Trans community? I haven't seen anything untoward, only people asking what is being taught to children and is it appropriate 

You only have to look at the posts on here; unpleasant and bigoted before any facts are known.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Me neither. Maybe these are all the trans who were apparently too scared to turn up to the IOMG inclusivity workshops where they were supposed to tell government how they could be more inclusive but didn’t. 

It was on the 8.00 news .   The two things that have come to light were Julie’s statement that the Dept. Of Ed. distributed this material to schools on an advisory note which I have interpreted as a wriggle movement in other words we gave it to them but did not instruct them to use it it as left to the schools discretion .so pass the blame parcel to the Head Teachers.  The other statement was made by Jason M. who said other schools had chosen not to use this material, this backs up various press reports that can be viewed with some uncertainty but when an MHK corroborates it in Tynwald I would certainly give it credibility.   This was followed by a discussion by the presenters on offal as Bear Grylls has recommended we eat more instead of the listeners usual phone in spot.   There was no mention of the subject on the 8.30 news.    Open and transparent my Arse.    Julie did mention her experienced team,  I think that was the adjective she used, was still investigating and she did not want the report to be predjuiced.