Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

49 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

There is all this stuff in the press about people who were born male, but decide to identify as a female and compete in the women's divisions of sports.

I don't recall seeing anything about people who want to trans-it in the other direction - people who were born female and want to compete in the male divisions. There must be some, somewhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/25/transgender-wrestler-mack-beggs-wins-texas-girls-title

6 hours ago, jackwhite said:

If she says that details will be provided once the investigation concludes though, I'm sure reasonable people could live with that. Those with tin foil hats could then just continue as they are regardless of the truth anyway. 

That’s very tinfoil hat-ist.

22 minutes ago, Twitch said:

You should have checked out the East German athletics squad in the 70's and 80's

Germany is a popular subject with me at the moment... After reunification a friend was at a party and talked to a lady who was a  former Ossi (East German) - she was big and blonde. He asked her what she did over there, and she replied she was a "baby-maker". She was teamed-up with someone with the right genes with the intent of producing the next world champion at something-or-other. I suppose the IoM could try that approach, but I doubt they would be interested in my genes.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Germany is a popular subject with me at the moment... After reunification a friend was at a party and talked to a lady who was a  former Ossi (East German) - she was big and blonde. He asked her what she did over there, and she replied she was a "baby-maker". She was teamed-up with someone with the right genes with the intent of producing the next world champion at something-or-other. I suppose the IoM could try that approach, but I doubt they would be interested in my genes.

I like that idea.

Imagine the result of Alf and Daphne. Or maybe Ashie and Julie Edge. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Wasn't that a popular idea in 1940's Germany? Lebensborn I believe it was called.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Snaefell said:

The RSE curriculum is taught in all 5 schools and has been for the last 3 years.

So why does everything kick off now?

And why does QEII have to suffer all of the abuse?

I thought the present discussion was about the Relationships, Sex and Health curriculum which has been taught since last September.

It was made statutory in UK after extensive consultation with experts, teachers and parents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/relationships-education-relationships-and-sex-education-rse-and-health-education

Edited by Moghrey Mie

10 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I thought the present discussion was about the Relationships, Sex and Health curriculum which has been taught since last September.

It was made statutory in UK after extensive consultation with experts, teachers and parents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/relationships-education-relationships-and-sex-education-rse-and-health-education

Look at the original publication date - June 2019

image.png.6e3d0437e78e2e4b529cd96aaf24c656.png

31 minutes ago, Mr Snaefell said:

The RSE curriculum is taught in all 5 schools and has been for the last 3 years.

So why does everything kick off now?

And why does QEII have to suffer all of the abuse?

I think you need to ask Jason Moorehouse.  Manx Radio must take a lot of the blame with their dreadful reporting, but Moorehouse with hearsay questioning allowed in Tynwald is beyond belief.

Edited by Holte End
  • Haha 1