Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

19 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Julie Edge is just another in a long line of hapless ministers with no clue what's going on within their own department. Things have definitely gone on but the statement will say very little. The cover will be 'to protect the children' and that will be that. Opaque government doesn't wash its dirty linen in public, and with a tame media and little political scrutiny (Only Jason Moorhouse) they'll move on with nothing to see and lessons learned. I'm putting money on it... 

Or maybe, most of what was “reported” was a fabrication?

Time will tell, but I guess if the report does show nothing untoward actually happened all the usual idiots will claim a cover up 🙄

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The report is not being published. (See above)

I know, but she is making a statement today and if it doesn’t confirm all the made up nonsense then people will shout cover up.

Do people really believe that in a Manx school a drag Queen threw a child out of class for no reason other than questioning how many genders there are?

Do people really believe that kids are being taught about fisting as part of the curriculum?

Give over

Edited by Ativa

1 hour ago, Ativa said:

I know, but she is making a statement today and if it doesn’t confirm all the made up nonsense then people will shout cover up.

Do people really believe that in a Manx school a drag Queen threw a child out of class for no reason other than questioning how many genders there are?

Do people really believe that kids are being taught about fisting as part of the curriculum?

Give over

Maybe, maybe not.

But stranger things have happened.

So the FB warriors (and some on here) just assumed the rumour was right 🤣

Advised as almost completely wrong. A pupil was spoken to by a teacher outside the classroom about being respectful and was asked to by the teacher, not the speaker, and they returned to the classroom.

We'll now here screams of 'cover up' by these folk.

Wonder what agenda these people might have had. 🤥

Edited by jackwhite
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2023 at 7:48 AM, Cronky said:

In the Daily Mail today:

The parents who fear their 11-year-olds will be scarred for life by the graphic sex education lessons that no one warned them about... and the drag queen who told pupils there are 73 genders wasn't the worst of it

So, basically, the school's teaching is that the state's view of the parents is the correct one and the child's view is wrong.

In other words they deliberately undermined the boy's  relationship with his Mum and Dad and, by default, their authority.

So how accurate is this report? More likely,removed from the class by the teacher and told to wind his neck in before returning to the class. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So how accurate is this report? More likely,removed from the class by the teacher and told to wind his neck in before returning to the class. 

Not accurate at all. 

I had to say, as soon as I heard what was alleged, I thought it was nonsense. 

Of course that would require a balanced view, something that seems in short supply on IOM. 

3 minutes ago, Ativa said:

So Manx Radio and 3FM have run the story on FB and the expected comments have started.

I wonder when Energy will do the same?

Busy making the story as inflammatory as possible to suit the opinions of the boss I would expect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

DESC have issued what I assume was Edge's statement as a press release:

Part 1 of the investigation examined elements of a drop down day for Year 7 pupils at Queen Elizabeth II High School in September 2022. 

It centred around claims that an individual in drag had delivered a sex education talk and had asked a pupil to leave the room during a discussion on gender identities.

The investigation found that no one was dressed in drag; the speaker concerned did not deliver a sex education talk; and they did not ask a pupil to leave the room during a discussion on gender identities.

Within the conversation around gender identities, a pupil asked a guest speaker how many genders there were. They replied that there “could be as many as 72” gender identities.

During the presentation, the teachers present managed the behaviour of the class as would be expected.  At one point, a pupil was asked by one of the teachers to step outside the classroom.  At no point did a guest speaker remove a child from the classroom, nor did they request the removal of any child. The teacher sought to remind the pupil of the school’s expectations and both the pupil and teacher returned to the classroom for the rest of the presentation.

Or as Gladys summarised they were told to wind their neck in.

Why it took more than 30 minutes to produce this response is another matter.

• Like 2

Quote from 3FM

An investigation into the Island’s sex education curriculum found that a guest speaker was not dressed in drag, did not give a sex education talk and didn’t ask a pupil to leave the room. 

So as expected basically most of the comments I've read on this story were completely untrue and based on a total fabrication. Just goes to show how the parochial IOM rumour mill works. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Just a normal day in school then? 

The biggest question here is why did this take so long? A simple question to the teacher in charge and the facts could have been reported weeks ago avoiding speculation and avoiding the national embarrassment that we are now subjected to. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2