Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

9 minutes ago, Rudi Van DiSarzio said:

"Don't back down, double down!"

Michael-Josem-on-Twitter-mustseeaudio-I-called-it-It-wasn-t-a-drag-queen-it-was-someone-who-performs-as-a-drag-artist-https-t-co-7UNxYHhMNP-Twitter.png

I see he's overlooking the fact he was claiming children were being groomed.

Again people just won't admit they're wrong. 

Of course it would have been better to actually establish the facts in the first place. 

1 minute ago, WTF said:

so what was the subject the speaker was there to deliver a talk on then ? and how did it get reported as sex education lesson.

A drop down day, which is planned in conjunction with the Department is a one-off timetabled day, which replaces normal timetabled lessons to enable pupils to receive input from other organisations to support areas of emotional and physical wellbeing. Part 1 of the investigation explored delivery of the drop down day in question, held in September 2022 at QEII, which was publically referred to as having a ‘drag queen’ as a guest speaker.

The focus of the drop down day was ‘Wellbeing’, and the pupils in attendance were from year 7, a mixed group of pupils aged between 11 and 12. A number of guest speakers facilitated a variety of sessions from a range of both internal and external organisations. Topics being discussed included:

 Wellbeing

 Anti-social behaviour and consequences

 Drugs and Peer Pressure

 Relationships

 Your body and you

 Inclusion

Staff from QEII were in attendance at all of the sessions within the drop down day as outlined above and were responsible for monitoring pupils whilst guests delivered their sessions. Public references to a drag queen delivering a presentation at the drop down day at QEII in September 2022, are inaccurate but it is understood that the guest speaker referred to does occasionally perform as a drag artist. The guest speaker presented on ‘inclusion’, as they have done previously, with the objective of the lesson being to provide guidance on the use of gender-neutral language with an understanding of the concept of gender in the LGBTQ+ environment alongside other inclusive intentions. The guest speaker made it clear from the outset of the presentation that the classroom was a ‘safe space’ and that no question was a silly question.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, HeliX said:

A drop down day, which is planned in conjunction with the Department is a one-off timetabled day, which replaces normal timetabled lessons to enable pupils to receive input from other organisations to support areas of emotional and physical wellbeing. Part 1 of the investigation explored delivery of the drop down day in question, held in September 2022 at QEII, which was publically referred to as having a ‘drag queen’ as a guest speaker.

The focus of the drop down day was ‘Wellbeing’, and the pupils in attendance were from year 7, a mixed group of pupils aged between 11 and 12. A number of guest speakers facilitated a variety of sessions from a range of both internal and external organisations. Topics being discussed included:

 Wellbeing

 Anti-social behaviour and consequences

 Drugs and Peer Pressure

 Relationships

 Your body and you

 Inclusion

Staff from QEII were in attendance at all of the sessions within the drop down day as outlined above and were responsible for monitoring pupils whilst guests delivered their sessions. Public references to a drag queen delivering a presentation at the drop down day at QEII in September 2022, are inaccurate but it is understood that the guest speaker referred to does occasionally perform as a drag artist. The guest speaker presented on ‘inclusion’, as they have done previously, with the objective of the lesson being to provide guidance on the use of gender-neutral language with an understanding of the concept of gender in the LGBTQ+ environment alongside other inclusive intentions. The guest speaker made it clear from the outset of the presentation that the classroom was a ‘safe space’ and that no question was a silly question.

that makes a bit amore sense then,

so pedantically a drag queen isn't a drag queen unless they are actually dressed up in drag then ??     does that mean a pedophile is not a pedophile if they aren't engaging in sexual activity with a minor at the time ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

so pedantically a drag queen isn't a drag queen unless they are actually dressed up in drag then ??     does that mean a pedophile is not a pedophile if they aren't engaging in sexual activity with a minor at the time ?

Well it's more that the implication and suggestion from certain UK rags and local political wannabes was that someone dressed in sexualised garb was attending a school to talk to kids about fisting.

If it was a person who is there in a capacity of being trained in the subject matter who has delivered it previously I fail to see how their hobbies are important.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WTF said:

From what I can understand or make of what’s going on, it’s a case of demonising children to the extent that they can’t be believed in what they actually say. Something obviously happened to the extent that a ‘report’ has to be commissioned, and the ensuing negative publicity which followed. It’s very convenient to blame others, especially parents. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WTF said:

does that mean a pedophile is not a pedophile if they aren't engaging in sexual activity with a minor at the time ?

No, you idiot, they are still a paedophile! why are you comparing paedophiles and drag queens. What is actually wrong with you?

Edited by Rudi Van DiSarzio
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

So how accurate is this report? More likely,removed from the class by the teacher and told to wind his neck in before returning to the class. 

Well when I emailed the Daily Mail to ask if their “special investigative reporter” was aware that the woman claiming on Facebook to be the mother of the child sent out of the class had been in prison for a dishonesty offence they never got back to me.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

From what I can understand or make of what’s going on, it’s a case of demonising children to the extent that they can’t be believed in what they actually say. Something obviously happened to the extent that a ‘report’ has to be commissioned, and the ensuing negative publicity which followed. It’s very convenient to blame others, especially parents. 

No, the kids have been groomed, but not by any teachers or visiting presenters. 

• Like 2

Just now, Thomas Dalby said:

Well when I emailed the Daily Mail to ask if their “special investigative reporter” was aware that the woman claiming on Facebook to be the mother of the child sent out of the class had been in prison for a dishonesty offence they never got back to me.

But she was attractive and intelligent!

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

As anyone with half a brain assumed, it was a person not acting in a drag queen capacity (wtf does that even mean) who is also a drag queen.

Drag Artist*

They aren’t a drag queen. I’m not saying any more as I’m not about to start identifying people but, they aren’t a drag queen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1