Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

39 minutes ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

But no, drag performances are not a sex thing.  Cross-dressing is a sex thing.  That's where men (or women) get a sexual thrill from dressing in different clothes.

Wow! LDV that’s a sweeping, and inaccurate, generalisation.

Isn't there a distinction between someone who cross dresses, like, say, Grayson Perry, because they wish to wear the clothes of their choice, and not to conform to gender stereotyping by what they wear, and someone who fetishises clothing of the opposite gender for sexual gratification?

Don't both exist?

Maybe Grayson is a poor example. He sometimes has said there’s a safe space and a sexual excitement in cross dressing, but more and more says the Claire persona gives him permission to be outrageous, and the purpose of the more outlandish designs is so that people look at the clothes, not him, when he enters the room. 

I do wonder if it’s attention seeking behaviour? He says not?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Isn't there a distinction between someone who cross dresses, like, say, Grayson Perry, because they wish to wear the clothes of their choice, and not to conform to gender stereotyping by what they wear, and someone who fetishises clothing of the opposite gender for sexual gratification?

Don't both exist?

I think I will take the middle ground.

Cross dressing can be for sexual gratification, but it can also be for comfort in their own identity.

Whereas, drag performances can simply be a performance or can be a form exhibitionist gratification.

37 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Don't both exist?

Maybe Grayson is a poor example. He sometimes has said there’s a safe space and a sexual excitement in cross dressing, but more and more says the Claire persona gives him permission to be outrageous, and the purpose of the more outlandish designs is so that people look at the clothes, not him, when he enters the room. 

Grayson Perry admits his fetish. Some people will just be wearing clothes, however. 

2 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Problem is, kids find out all sorts on YouTube and the rest of the internet. So what you don't teach, they'll get through tiktok and the rest.

which is why kids should not have access to smartphones outside of parental control. By all means let them have a basic phone for communication but let's be honest, smart phones have ruined a lot of young lives. Or is that just me being a concerned grandparent...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't sell them these days you buffoon, and only smoke a bit of pot. And the very occasional mushroom trip. For therapeutic reasons.

Can Ijust ask. Quite seriously, why you stopped being a drug dealer. Was it impending fatherhood? Fear of getting caught or something else?

4 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

which is why kids should not have access to smartphones outside of parental control. By all means let them have a basic phone for communication but let's be honest, smart phones have ruined a lot of young lives. Or is that just me being a concerned grandparent...

Largely agree with you. But at what age do you stop being a “kid”.

I’m afraid though the genie is out of the bottle and it’s not going back in

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Can Ijust ask. Quite seriously, why you stopped being a drug dealer. Was it impending fatherhood? Fear of getting caught or something else?

I was never really a drug dealer, more just someone who had easy access to drugs for a while. Maybe no difference in the eyes of the law had I ever got nicked I guess.

Edit - I could probably still hook you up if you're stuck?

edit 2 - this is a joke 

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Don't both exist?

Grayson Perry I have time for.

That Rau Paul I don’t

6 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

It's a really hard one to police. But generally, I agree.

The problem is, there are always things that will slip through filters etc. Nothing is infallible.

There's a lot to be said for fostering an environment where if a kid isn't sure about something, they can come to you as a parent or grandparent, without fear of reprisal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I was never really a drug dealer, more just someone who had easy access to drugs for a while. Maybe no difference in the eyes of the law had I ever got nicked I guess.

Edit - I could probably still hook you up if you're stuck?

edit 2 - this is a joke 

Oh sorry, but in an earlier post you said you had sold “loads of drugs”.

Some might say that is what a drug dealer does. 

Anyway my genuine question is, what made you stop?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last sentence addition

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Anyway my genuine question is, what made you stop?

@TheTeapot Follow up question, are you open and transparent with your children about this part of your life?

And, would you be ok if they followed in your footsteps?

Edited by Mr Snaefell

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes, I suppose so. It was more a case of buying in bulk, sorting out mates and getting yours for free than hang round on the corner pushing smack, if you can see there might be a difference. Depends what kind of a person you are really. Like I said, in the eyes of the law there probably isn't a difference. They just prosecuted some troubled little girl for doing that (except it wasn't even bulk), so if you support shit like that then you'll call it drug dealing.

• Like 1