Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

19 minutes ago, Ativa said:

You think kids who are 11 shouldn’t learn about safe sex and you smoke weed, and have sold drugs.

Kids shouldn’t be in that house.

Social services intervene for much less.

How much support have you got for your moronic posts/rambling over the last couple of hours?

I feel sorry for your kid

Teapot is wrong, but behave yourself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Bollocks.

It isn't. There were plenty in my year at school messing around from Year 8 upwards - that I know of. So probably some in Year 7, too. The better informed they are are of what is OK and what isn't, the safer they'll be when they do what they're going to do anyway.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Children just about to start, or going through, puberty are at the exact age when they do need education about relationships, sex, gender and sexual identity, respect, consent, and condoms.

Well yes all that seems well and good.

But taking it point by point 

Education about relationships- what does that mean?

Education about sex - do you mean how do do it? People have been doing it for millennia without an instruction manual

Education about sex,  gender and sexual identity - Yes educating them that there are people who want to be in same sex relationships ( but they probably know this  that age)

But not all this stuff about having 73 genders etc. Not appropriate when you are starting puberty. You’ve got enough to cope with at that age

Education about respect, consent and condoms , yes all good.

On a personal level there was none of all this when I was a child/teenager. We cut up frogs at school as part of sexual biology. 
Not brilliant I will admit but I went on to have perfectly satisfactory loving ( and physical) relationships.

I do think we are in danger of screwing our children up with all emphasis on gender, sex etc. They can sort it out for themselves, and they do

24 minutes ago, Ativa said:

You think kids who are 11 shouldn’t learn about safe sex and you smoke weed, and have sold drugs.

Kids shouldn’t be in that house.

Social services intervene for much less.

How much support have you got for your moronic posts/rambling over the last couple of hours?

I feel sorry for your kid

Suggesting someone needs to have social services intervene because they smoke some weed, and sold some to mates in their youth is ludicrous.

There's so much fucked up shit out there, I can understand why as a parent it's hard to filter out what they should and shouldn't know or learn about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

What about for the kids that already know they're different because they're trans, but don't have the language for it yet?

OK cancel all geography, history , maths and English lessons while you devote an hours lesson to exploring each of these seventy three gender options.

I’m sure most parents would support that.

If they haven’t the vocabulary to articulate their differences are you sure that they are mature enough to believe they have  them?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last paragraph
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

OK cancel all geography, history , maths and English lessons while you devote an hours lesson to exploring each of these seventy three gender options.

What? Just use the sex ed lessons. What a weird argument.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’m sure most parents would support that.

Are we devoting an hour to each?

What are these 73, and what order are you ranking them in?

Is there a knockout round for which ones don't get mentioned?

I forget that when we're teaching any other spectrum, like colour, that we go through every single possible colour.

I found art very tedious when we went through all 16,777,215 colours that a 32-bit computer screen can manage.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Suggesting someone needs to have social services intervene because they smoke some weed, and sold some to mates in their youth is ludicrous.

There's so much fucked up shit out there, I can understand why as a parent it's hard to filter out what they should and shouldn't know or learn about.

That might be fair enough, in which case I apologise but I was basing my comment more on the antiquated views on sex education and sexuality then drugs.

Having said that, there are absolutely people who would rather see kids taken out of a dope smokers house than a household with gay parents.

This is after all someone who says they are concerned about hero child but rather than speaking to them appears to have jumped to conclusions about what was said at QE2 and then spent all of today ignoring the kid and posting on here 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Are we devoting an hour to each?

What are these 73, and what order are you ranking them in?

Is there a knockout round for which ones don't get mentioned?

I forget that when we're teaching any other spectrum, like colour, that we go through every single possible colour.

I found art very tedious when we went through all 16,777,215 colours that a 32-bit computer screen can manage.

Well those 73 can easily be found through a Google search. I’m not going to list them here. 
I didn’t mention any order of rank. You did.

Your last three paragraphs are meaningless ( actually your second is also but I’ll let it stand)

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ativa said:

That might be fair enough, in which case I apologise but I was basing my comment more on the antiquated views on sex education and sexuality then drugs.

Having said that, there are absolutely people who would rather see kids taken out of a dope smokers house than a household with gay parents.

This is after all someone who says they are concerned about hero child but rather than speaking to them appears to have jumped to conclusions about what was said at QE2 and then spent all of today ignoring the kid and posting on here 🤷‍♂️

Strikes me as someone who cares about their kid and is unsure exactly what has been said in schools and whether it's appropriate or not, to me. I wholly disagree with his conclusions, but the questions seem to be coming from a genuine place rather than malice.

• Like 4

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Well those 73 can easily be found through a Google search. I’m not going to list them here. 
I didn’t mention any order of rank. You did.

Only if you specify that you're searching for 73. Otherwise, you can find as many names for varying points on the gender spectrum as you fancy.

Some describe it as male, non-binary (not conforming to one or the other) as the catch-all term for the muddy area in the middle, and female at the other end.

How is the analogy for a spectrum meaningless?

Gender Inclusivity Begins With Recognizing and

27 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

On a personal level there was none of all this when I was a child/teenager. We cut up frogs at school as part of sexual biology. 
Not brilliant I will admit but I went on to have perfectly satisfactory loving ( and physical) relationships.

But it must have been a bit inconvenient having to find a pool of fresh water every time you wanted to have sex?

[Gloomily goes off to increase the count to 74]

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Strikes me as someone who cares about their kid and is unsure exactly what has been said in schools and whether it's appropriate or not, to me. I wholly disagree with his conclusions, but the questions seem to be coming from a genuine place rather than malice.

Strikes me as a bigot who tells people with different opinions to “fuck off”which is a cracking example to set a kid.

Edited by Ativa