Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm going to stop posting about this because childless adults who want to sexualise children really gets to me.

You sound like you have lost it. You are getting really aggressive, asking people off the Internet to come meet you in person? What's that about?

I learnt about condoms in year 6, knew about them before that too, my kid knows about them, learnt about them in primary school too. Nothing about that is sexualising children. It's been around for decades

It's like you are looking for a fight about something that scares you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well specify that you’re searching for 73 then!

FFS

But, is that 73 the correct number?

Or is that just the arbitrary boxes that someone has chosen?

Depending on the computer you ask, you can get a totally different number of colours.

What is 4-bit?
In the above case, the computer can only count 16 colours, but, you might argue there are a few more than that.

But, I bet you couldn't name 16 million out of the below of them either.

Out of Gamut: The High-Bit Advantage | CreativePro Network

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But it must have been a bit inconvenient having to find a pool of fresh water every time you wanted to have sex?

[Gloomily goes off to increase the count to 74]

It does not involve penetration, so it's fine. 

Edited by Gladys

Thinking that 11yr olds don't need teaching about condoms and all the other bits of adult sexual relations yet makes someone a bigot is a fucking bonkers situation. 

Expressing concern about a wildly mishandled situation involving year 7 kids makes someone a bigot. SMH.

Smoking a bit of pot needs social services involved.

The world is fucking mental.

Somehow I'm in the wrong.

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Thinking that 11yr olds don't need teaching about condoms and all the other bits of adult sexual relations yet makes someone a bigot is a fucking bonkers situation. 

Expressing concern about a wildly mishandled situation involving year 7 kids makes someone a bigot. SMH.

Smoking a bit of pot needs social services involved.

The world is fucking mental.

Somehow I'm in the wrong.

I am not going to say you are wrong but as a parent of a young child I to have concerns, however, they aren't the same as yours...

I worry about my child being abused because someone in a position of power or trust tells them it's fine.

I worry about them not knowing enough about healthy relationships, consent and not feeling able to get out of a bad relationship. 

I worry about them being exposed to the misuse of drugs, alcohol and illegal substances, such as weed.

Neither of us are wrong but we have perceive the "threats" differently.

• Like 2

One can only have sympathy for eleven year olds, or anyone , having to learn a list of 72 (or is it 73?) gender types and the definitions of each and trying to adopt the appropriate use of personal pronouns.

At that age I had a basic knowledge, not a basic working  knowledge, of sex and gender.I would  have struggled to explain what a  “ pronoun” was, though.

• Like 1

Meanwhile the Guardian has got round to covering yesterday's statement:

Isle of Man school got death threats after false sex education reports

and done a bit of extra reporting.  Though as usual with the British media, they are unable to point out that the main spreaders of the dishonest nonsense that has caused such problems are their own colleagues in the other papers and on radio and television.  Instead 'social media' gets the blame, the users of which appear to have got their 'information' from somewhere strangely unspecific.  Probably the Russians.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hampsterkahn said:

One can only have sympathy for eleven year olds, or anyone , having to learn a list of 72 (or is it 73?) gender types and the definitions of each and trying to adopt the appropriate use of personal pronouns.

I have good news, they don’t have to. Join us in the real world sometime

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Meanwhile the Guardian has got round to covering yesterday's statement:

Isle of Man school got death threats after false sex education reports

and done a bit of extra reporting.  Though as usual with the British media, they are unable to point out that the main spreaders of the dishonest nonsense that has caused such problems are their own colleagues in the other papers and on radio and television.  Instead 'social media' gets the blame, the users of which appear to have got their 'information' from somewhere strangely unspecific.  Probably the Russians.

We really, as an island, come out as Royston Vasey-on-sea in this whole debacle.  Well done to all concerned, including a few contributors here 🙄

• Like 4

4 hours ago, hampsterkahn said:

At that age I had a basic knowledge, not a basic working  knowledge, of sex and gender.I would  have struggled to explain what a  “ pronoun” was, though.

We have another one who appears unable to actually read and understand what has happened but who has fallen for all the crap posted online

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ativa said:

Strikes me as a bigot who tells people with different opinions to “fuck off”which is a cracking example to set a kid.

And yet you were so triggered by his life choices that you thought his child should be lifted by social services? He can’t get his head around it but is here trying to understand. 

Helix is right. You need to behave. You started out alright but you’re reverting to previous form. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1