Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

Eh eh what’s going on with Devon? He’s on the Twitter saying things about someone and I don’t know who he’s referring to but it’s all to do with children, sex and churches - love a bit of gossip me, anyone know what he’s talking about? 

I’ve decided the internet is full of crazies and aggressive people, people are “like, meh meh meh” (whilst doing the cobra head movement) bonkers.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Thinking that 11yr olds don't need teaching about condoms and all the other bits of adult sexual relations yet makes someone a bigot is a fucking bonkers situation. 

Expressing concern about a wildly mishandled situation involving year 7 kids makes someone a bigot. SMH.

Smoking a bit of pot needs social services involved.

The world is fucking mental.

Somehow I'm in the wrong.

First steps on the road to recovery

What is he difference between a Drag Queen and a person that performs as a drag artist….asking for a few friends who have difficulty getting their heads around this.   If anyone can give an honest reply without the barrage of insults a few new members seem to think is acceptable it would be appreciated.

Just now, hissingsid said:

What is he difference between a Drag Queen and a person that performs as a drag artist….asking for a few friends who have difficulty getting their heads around this.   If anyone can give an honest reply without the barrage of insults a few new members seem to think is acceptable it would be appreciated.

The difference between an actor on stage performing a character and a person in real life, your inability to discern the two is your problem.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I imagine it's distinguishing between whether they were dressed up and putting on a show, or doing their day job.

Much like if a Police Officer also happens to take part in shows at the Gaiety, or a GP who plays in a band on their weekends.

If they're in the paper for their day job, they'd still be referred to as Officer or Doctor, rather than actor or guitarist.

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Perhaps the Year 7s could go on local social media to find that out Sid. Many of them will already have done so.

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I imagine it's distinguishing between whether they were dressed up and putting on a show, or doing their day job.

Much like if a Police Officer also happens to take part in shows at the Gaiety, or a GP who plays in a band on their weekends.

If they're in the paper for their day job, they'd still be referred to as Officer or Doctor, rather than actor or guitarist.

So the person who gave the lessons was a qualified teacher.

• Confused 1

Hmm a DESC employee invited to speak at a DESC venue to DESC pupils.

Scandalous.

More scandalous is that the religious right wing doxxed him to find out that he engages in what is basically amateur dramatics in his spare time and making him out to be some kind of monster.

Its clear why religion is a shrinking part of life.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 2bees said:

Eh eh what’s going on with Devon? He’s on the Twitter saying things about someone and I don’t know who he’s referring to but it’s all to do with children, sex and churches - love a bit of gossip me, anyone know what he’s talking about? 

Roger Mexico made a good point about governments social media policy above and Devon might well be advised to look as DBCs when he goes online and publicly suggests his political nemesis is a child groomer then moves on to the above. He has some good things to say but like many in this debate who are losing their heads they should perhaps follow prescribed social media policies before they make outrageous social media statements. The benchmark here is Rob Callister and when even he is staying quiet about this matter on Facebook that should provide a guide to others caught up in this also. Too many people have staked their reputations on being on one side or the other of this debate. For once government seems to have managed this largely well. What they need to do now is go back to LBC and the Mail and all the other gutter merchants and also set the record straight. 

• Thanks 1