Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

3 hours ago, Declan said:

The distinction was the visitor at the school wasn't in their drag persona but was there as themselves. They weren't performing and weren't in their drag costume or being referred to as their drag character's name. 

It's equivalent to the difference between a visit from Steve Coogan and a visit from Alan Partridge. 

Presumably they've have had their CRB checks at least?

1 minute ago, CallMeCurious said:

Someone said above that they were a youth worker, so I would imagine than in this case, not only would they have an up to date CRB check but it would be the enhanced type for working specifically with children.  But in any case these speakers are always accompanied by teachers who (as we know from statements) are the ones who deal with any problems from the students playing up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Twitch said:

I bet any group planning on putting on a pantomime this Christmas are shitting themselves.  Men dressed as women. Women dressed as men. 
Some people will be beside themselves with worry.

Don't even mention the pantomime horse in which one person has their head up another's arse.  The apoplexy will be palpable. 

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Don't even mention the pantomime horse in which one person has their head up another's arse.  The apoplexy will be palpable. 

I went to Cream (the infamous Liverpool nightclub) dressed as a panto cow. That was an interesting night. Bonus was that I could use the udders as bottle holders. 

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

In this case they will have done as apparently they are a youth worker, but why does it matter?  They were in a classroom with a qualified teacher.

I went into my kids primary school and did a bit of a presentation years ago as a parent.  They didn’t do a CRB check and why should they if a teacher is present?

6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

What is he difference between a Drag Queen and a person that performs as a drag artist….asking for a few friends who have difficulty getting their heads around this.   If anyone can give an honest reply without the barrage of insults a few new members seem to think is acceptable it would be appreciated.

Drag queen and drag artist are the same thing really.  It's only that many drag artists do not want to called 'drag queens' very often because the term 'drag queen' evokes a particular look and type of performance, and often the personality of the persona.  And the term 'queen' follows from the term applied to some gay men by themselves, or by others, seriously or as a joke, but many drag artists are not gay men.

But both drags queens and drag artists are performers and the names refers to someone's job or hobby. 

It's not an identity in the same was as trans, which seems to be implied by some jokes here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I'd love to think that at least a couple of petrol-heads turned up to that event and were seriously confused. 

Until I watched an episode I thought it was drag queens racing across America. Like Priscilla Queen of the Desert meets the Cannonball Run. Which would make a great show. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Declan said:

Until I watched an episode I thought it was drag queens racing across America. Like Priscilla Queen of the Desert meets the Cannonball Run. Which would make a great show. 

If only it was that, as I agree that would be a great show.  It sounds like you were horribly disappointed. 

• Like 1

Each to their own but watching a television programme in which men dress up as women doesn’t really hold my attention.

As didn’t  watching white men blacken up their faces and wave their hands about as a child.

Call me illiberal if you will but I find neither entertaining. 

“It ain’t half hot mum” and “Allo, Allo” similarly fail to amuse me.

• Like 1