Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

39 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Each to their own but watching a television programme in which men dress up as women doesn’t really hold my attention.

As didn’t  watching white men blacken up their faces and wave their hands about as a child.

Call me illiberal if you will but I find neither entertaining. 

“It ain’t half hot mum” and “Allo, Allo” similarly fail to amuse me.

It’d be boring if everyone liked the same things.

It’s why we have 3 channels on the TV these days. Or maybe more now, I can’t remember… 

• Haha 1

CRB? Just shows how some of you lot are so out of touch. There haven't been CRB checks for years, it's now DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).

If a person was in the class giving a talk at the invitation of the school and the class was supervised by a teacher, there is no need for that person to have had a DBS check.

22 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I imagine it's distinguishing between whether they were dressed up and putting on a show, or doing their day job.

Much like if a Police Officer also happens to take part in shows at the Gaiety, or a GP who plays in a band on their weekends.

If they're in the paper for their day job, they'd still be referred to as Officer or Doctor, rather than actor or guitarist.

If I see a man who sorted my granny's knee playing a guitar in a band I would have some respect for their diversity of talent. Ditto a police officer or lawyer or whatever who takes part in local theatre. 

But a man dressed in drag doing jokes about 'Mrs Slocombe's pussy' or whatever, who in the daytime discusses sex with classrooms of children is a different matter.

But I do see that some see will be perfectly comfortable with this.

14 minutes ago, Barlow said:

If I see a man who sorted my granny's knee playing a guitar in a band I would have some respect for their diversity of talent. Ditto a police officer or lawyer or whatever who takes part in local theatre. 

But a man dressed in drag doing jokes about 'Mrs Slocombe's pussy' or whatever, who in the daytime discusses sex with classrooms of children is a different matter.

But what if the man who fixed your Granny's knee was crap at playing guitar but still played in a band?

Maybe the Police Officer ends up playing a criminal in local theatre with such passion that it is hard to believe he isn't a crook?

Just because you don't like one form of entertainment doesn't mean that it is unacceptable for someone to do it as a hobby.  It's also becoming clear that the discussion was on gender identity and not sexual education so you continue to peddle a story that isn't accurate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Just because you don't like one form of entertainment doesn't mean that it is unacceptable for someone to do it as a hobby.  It's also becoming clear that the discussion was on gender identity and not sexual education so you continue to peddle a story that isn't accurate.

Was there a wooden ding dong dildo thingy that the class were instructed to slip a condom over?

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

Was sex ever actually discussed? At best, that is a gross misrepresentation of what actually happened if you look at the published report.

But why let facts get in the way?

image.thumb.png.f66c2c6911052bbe347fd550102acd02.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Was there a wooden ding dong dildo thingy that the class were instructed to slip a condom over?

Not in the meeting with the part time drag artist. That interaction did not discuss sex. 

Whatever happened with the dildo will be discussed in later parts of the report. But it’s clear that the visitor wasn’t delivering sex education. 

13 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Possibly,but not in that talk. kids that age need teaching one way or another like we were back in the late 80’s

Edited by Ativa

12 minutes ago, Barlow said:

That's a standard part of sex education in schools. Though, they're more like a phallus on a plinth than a dildo.

Long before that, it was cucumbers or bananas that would be used instead.

It has been part of the health classes for decades.

3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

That's a standard part of sex education in schools. Though, they're more like a phallus on a plinth than a dildo.

Long before that, it was cucumbers or bananas that would be used instead.

It has been part of the health classes for decades.

Yes, and we were surprised to find that willies weren't green or yellow!

• Haha 2