Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

35 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Tried reading it but it's the Daily Mail and the journalism is atrocious. 

The materials they are referencing appear to have been downloaded from various websites and with no evidence that they are being used in schools.

42 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

If it's all made up nonsense by The Mail then you won't have any problem finding and linking something that proves it from some more reliable media source. I'll look forward to it...

Did I say it was all made up?  I have no doubt that the materials they refer to are available on the Internet.

Where I have this issue is that they don't seem to have any evidence that they are actually being used in schools.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 12:27 PM, wrighty said:

Or ones that don’t know the difference between ‘amount’ and ‘number’ when describing quantity 😉

(It’s an internet law that when criticising spelling/grammar, you’ll always make a spelling/grammatical error. Roger Mexico or John Wright will be along soon to point out what I’ve done wrong)

Comma after [Or], fullstops after [quantity] and [wrong]. 

19 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Did I say it was all made up?  I have no doubt that the materials they refer to are available on the Internet.

Where I have this issue is that they don't seem to have any evidence that they are actually being used in schools.

From what I've seen, and I have been following this issue for some time now, is these websites are getting in to schools through the back door, so to speak. 

What appears to be happening is that some schools are bowing to pressure from pressure groups such as Stonewall and Mermaids who want to have an input into sex and relationships classes in the name of equity, diversity and inclusion (aka EDI). Outside groups affiliated with said pressure groups then produce materials for the schools that on the face of it, are fairly benign. 

However the websites they link to for "further information" is where the inappropriate materials get snuck in. Every time a parent notices this happening and complains, the links are then removed and the organisation that produced the material basically just say "oops, dunno how that happened!" Then it's a course of "lessons will be learned", rinse, repeat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ADELE said:

Today the story is about a pupil identifying as a cat and a teacher reprimanding another pupil for commenting on it.    What is going on?   

Classed as bullying apparently & if a teacher says anything about cats, children identifying as non-gender, males as female & vice versa or calls a non gender he or she they can&have had formal complaints lodged!!’ It’s the woke culture!

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Classed as bullying apparently & if a teacher says anything about cats, children identifying as non-gender, males as female & vice versa or calls a non gender he or she they can&have had formal complaints lodged!!’ It’s the woke culture!

Read that earlier.  Seems the pupil who told the 'Cat Girl' she was crazy appeared to be pretty rational.  "If I have to respect her views, why doesn't she have to respect my views?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Read that earlier.  Seems the pupil who told the 'Cat Girl' she was crazy appeared to be pretty rational.  "If I have to respect her views, why doesn't she have to respect my views?"

Those kids ran rings round that teacher. Kids are being indoctrinated with this shite but many of them have the common sense to know it's bullshit. Parents really need to get involved and put a stop to this, because the schools won't.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Those kids ran rings round that teacher. Kids are being indoctrinated with this shite but many of them have the common sense to know it's bullshit. Parents really need to get involved and put a stop to this, because the schools won't.

It honestly appears to be the teachers driving a lot of this stuff rather than the pupils. 

(This is all recorded).  The teacher went as far as to describe the view of the pupil who questioned 'Cat Girl' as "very sad" and "despicable". 

Why are the crazies being indulged at all?  If someone "identifies as a Dugong" they should just be told they're not and then ignored. 

• Like 1