Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

In most cases I think they are also struggling with how to accept trans men whilst also staying safe and not being accused of being anti-trans.

I think the best policy on dating apps is to never apologise and never explain. 

I don’t know why it is an issue, whether it is trans people actually being unpleasant after rejection or whether it is an unfounded fear that’s been stoked up by people who should know better.

“I’m not interested” would, and should, be all the information anyone needs to hear when it comes to relationships. It’s no different to any other preference. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’m interested to know when you chose to be heterosexual? 

I’m not falling into that trap!

But to give you some sort of answer, when I became sexually aware I guess. The same would go for a gay person.

However you can’t choose your gender, you are born with it.

Thats not to say you can’t choose to live your life as you would had you been born of the other gender.

And you should be treated with respect as everyone should.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But to give you some sort of answer, when I became sexually aware I guess. The same would go for a gay person.

Thats not to say you can’t choose to live your life as you would had you been born of the other gender.

After all the debate on this topic, you still do not understand gender as opposed to biological/genetic sex.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

None of it is a choice. You didn't choose to be straight. You didn't choose to have a gender that matches your biology. Gay people didn't choose to be gay. Trans people didn't choose to have a gender that doesn't match their biology.

Were it possible to choose, a lot of gay or trans people would not be gay or trans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

I have some Lesbian friends and they are very concerned about trans-men.  They are finding that they are being targeted because they do not want a relationship with a transgender man and are therefore being accused of being anti-trans.

[...]Apologies if I have got the terminology mixed up but I am still very much learning about this. 

I think the convention is that in "trans-X" X is the gender a trans person now is, rather their original one.  So I suspect in the above you mean "trans-woman". 

Of course "You won't have sex with me because I belong to group N and that means you are anti-N" is not unknown in other contexts as well and all it should ever do is confirm the correctness of the original rejection.  Dickheads gonna dickhead.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So, picture a world in however many years time, where a brain transplant was possible.

One day, you’re in a terrible accident, and your brain is transplanted into a woman’s body.

You wake up, how would you feel about your new body? Aside from the likely joy for being still alive and gratitude towards the donor. 

13 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So, picture a world in however many years time, where a brain transplant was possible.

One day, you’re in a terrible accident, and your brain is transplanted into a woman’s body.

You wake up, how would you feel about your new body? Aside from the likely joy for being still alive and gratitude towards the donor. 

Well you know as they say a change is as good as a rest.

Hopefully the donor would be more Angelina Jolie than Pat Butcher,but beggars can’t be choosers, I’d still be grateful.

What I wouldn’t do is go round shouting “I AM NOT REALLY A WOMAN” because physically I would be one.

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

The sensible answer would seem to be to allow people the choice of who they have a relationship with but this is one where there does seem to be some aggression from transgender males.

Apologies if I have got the terminology mixed up but I am still very much learning about this. 

Do you mean trans-woman?

Presumably, if you mean trans-man, the challenge is not about a specific partner but a broad statement like "I would never sleep with a trans-man". Although,  I'm not sure why a lesbian would be expected to sleep with someone who identifies with a man. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well you know as they say a change is as good as a rest.

Hopefully the donor would be more Angelina Jolie than Pat Butcher,but beggars can’t be choosers, I’d still be grateful.

What I wouldn’t do is go round shouting “I AM NOT REALLY A WOMAN” because physically I would be one.

How about if your dear wife decided to transition and started taking testosterone and went through with the surgeries?

As a heterosexual, would you find a gruff man attractive?