Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

Cat stuff apart what the article said is ( I paraphrase because I can’t do the copying thing

“if you identify with the sexual organ you are born with that’s despicable “

Someone may be able to quote the whole sentence but that’s essentially what it says.

When and how on earth did we get to this position?

6 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I paraphrase because I can’t do the copying thing

I can though:

They added “if you’re talking about the fact that cisgender is the norm, that you identify with the sexual organ you are born with… that’s basically what you’re saying, which is really despicable”.

which suggests there's a bit left out in the middle of the recording and the two parts may not be connected.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I can though:

They added “if you’re talking about the fact that cisgender is the norm, that you identify with the sexual organ you are born with… that’s basically what you’re saying, which is really despicable”.

which suggests there's a bit left out in the middle of the recording and the two parts may not be connected.

Or it was a pause for breath.

12 hours ago, Whiskey said:

The whole story was started by a self-described anti-trans woman and has been pushed heavily by Turning Point UK, a far-right political party.

But I’m sure it’s as genuine as the bollocks Matthew Cheetham was spouting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Or it was a pause for breath.

The recording was posted here. The teacher is objecting to the child wanting to replace "cis" with "normal". It is, as is most of this whole thing, an echo of the same shit we went through with gay rights. Referring to straight people as "normal" implies being gay is abnormal. Referring to cis as normal implies trans is abnormal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Leading the way again!

Daily Telegraph: Isle of Man's Ballarkermeen High School School hits children with ‘political propaganda’ on gender self-ID

Pupils told that allowing people to simply declare whether they are male or female would be a ‘major step forward’ Secondary school children have been told that gender self-identification is a “major step forward”. Ballakermeen High School, one of five schools for pupils aged 11 to 16 on the Isle of Man, published an “LGBTQ+ newsletter” on its website, which was backed by two teachers.

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Where on the website? I’m having trouble finding it. I’m currently leaning towards “More bollocks from the Telegraph” but I’d love to read it if someone has a copy. 

Position your mouse cursor over where it says 'Daily Telegraph:' etc then  click the left hand button of your mouse.

It will reveal things like:

But the guide at Ballakermeen High School, in Douglas, praised Switzerland, Norway, Belgium, and Ireland for allowing transgender people to “legally switch genders by simply declaring they are male or female”.

The guide, from May 2022, appeared to endorse claims from the controversial LGBT+ charity Stonewall, telling pupils: “In the UK, activist groups such as Stonewall say legal self-identification would be a major step forward in the fight for transgender rights.

“They argue that forcing transgender people to prove to doctors that their gender identity is real is invasive and humiliating.”

No mouse on a phone. However, as you well know I read the article and found this: 

Ballakermeen High School, one of five schools for pupils aged 11 to 16 on the Isle of Man, published an “LGBTQ+ newsletter” on its website, which was backed by two teachers.”

so where on the BHS website is this newsletter? I’ve been looking and not found it yet. 

Edit: found it! It is over a year old. Great news gathering Telegraph. It’s as if someone is muckraking and feeding them…

Edited by Whiskey

And as I am a fan of actual information, now I’ve read it I shall link it

https://bhs.sch.im/site/uploads/blog/209/_media/20220517_c3367e61/Issue_1.pdf

It might be one of the most inoffensive pages I have ever read. It’s also a bit naive but it is written by teenagers. When I was a kid we were saving the environment. That went well. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So it’s from May 2022 and it doesn’t say anything that the Torygraph says it does.

That makes it more accurate than 90% of the shit that passes as journalism on the Torygraph these days.

Can’t help but wonder who is feeding them this shit though. Cheetham again? He seems to have a tenuous grasp on reality.

Edited by Ringy Rose

10 hours ago, Whiskey said:

And as I am a fan of actual information, now I’ve read it I shall link it

https://bhs.sch.im/site/uploads/blog/209/_media/20220517_c3367e61/Issue_1.pdf

It might be one of the most inoffensive pages I have ever read. It’s also a bit naive but it is written by teenagers. When I was a kid we were saving the environment. That went well. 😁

Why naive?